* alternative to `kill-emacs-hook' for batch mode?
@ 2010-10-01 20:18 Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-10-01 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would find such a thing very useful, e.g. when batch exporting orgmode
files, I'd like to be able to clean up the resultant temporary files.

Is there currently a mechanism for running code when Emacs exists from
batch mode?

Thanks -- Eric

* Re: alternative to `kill-emacs-hook' for batch mode?
@ 2010-10-01 20:26 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-10-01 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Eric Schulte" wrote:

> Is there currently a mechanism for running code when Emacs exists from
> batch mode?

Nobody objected to my proposal to run kill-emacs-hook in batch mode

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-09/msg01055.html

(and associated thread)

so I'll probably install that soon.

* Re: alternative to `kill-emacs-hook' for batch mode?
@ 2010-10-01 20:35   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-10-01 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>
>> Is there currently a mechanism for running code when Emacs exists from
>> batch mode?
>
> Nobody objected to my proposal to run kill-emacs-hook in batch mode
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-09/msg01055.html
>
> (and associated thread)
>
> so I'll probably install that soon.

Great, that sounds ideal.

I'll be sure to update my code after the change.

* Re: alternative to `kill-emacs-hook' for batch mode?
@ 2010-10-02 14:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-10-02 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Oct 1, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

> I would find such a thing very useful, e.g. when batch exporting
> orgmode
> files, I'd like to be able to clean up the resultant temporary files.
>
> Is there currently a mechanism for running code when Emacs exists from
> batch mode?

If there is not, you can use

emacs --batch -eval '(setq this-is-batch-emacs t) ....

and test for this variable in your kill-emacs-hook function.

Or you can do:

emacs --batch -eval "do you babel stuff" -eval "do the cleanup"

Hope this gives you some ideas...

- Carsten