* Add new sqlite extensions to allowlist
@ 2023-11-06 15:13 Neo Dim
From: Neo Dim @ 2023-11-06 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi. I would like to use semantic search in one (or maybe couple) of my new packages for emacs. In latest emacs there is sqlite support, which  is great. I would like to use it with https://github.com/asg017/sqlite-vss extension. I checked it out and see that vector0 and vss0 not in allowlist. Can we add this extensions to allowlist? And can we use full path to extension when call `sqlite-load-extension`? I don’t think that this extensions will be system-wide.

Best regards,
Sergey Kostyaev

* Re: Add new sqlite extensions to allowlist
@ 2023-11-07 14:31 ` Andrew Hyatt
From: Andrew Hyatt @ 2023-11-07 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neo Dim; +Cc: emacs-devel

On  6 November 2023 22:13, Neo Dim <sskostyaev@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi. I would like to use semantic search in one (or maybe
    couple) of my new packages for emacs. In latest emacs there is
    sqlite support, which  is great. I would like to use it with
    https://github.com/asg017/sqlite-vss extension. I checked it
    out and see that vector0 and vss0 not in allowlist. Can we add
    this extensions to allowlist? And can we use full path to
    extension when call `sqlite-load-extension`? I don’t think
    that this extensions will be system-wide.

Agreed! I'd also like to use those extensions. In my ekg package
(https://github.com/ahyatt/ekg), I basically am doing vector
similarity computations in elisp, from data in a sqlite db, and
doing everything in elisp undoubtedly slower and more expensive.
Having a fast way to do this would be very nice.

@ 2023-11-18  9:13 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-11-18  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neo Dim; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Neo Dim <sskostyaev@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 22:13:32 +0700
>
> Hi. I would like to use semantic search in one (or maybe couple) of my new packages for emacs. In
> latest emacs there is sqlite support, which  is great. I would like to use it with
> https://github.com/asg017/sqlite-vss extension. I checked it out and see that vector0 and vss0 not in
> allowlist. Can we add this extensions to allowlist?

I added them, so they will be available in the upcoming Emacs 29.2.

> And can we use full path to extension when call
> `sqlite-load-extension`?

Yes, of course.  The allow-list is checked against the basename of the
library, so the leading directories should not be important.

* Re: Add new sqlite extensions to allowlist
@ 2023-11-18 11:09   ` Sergey Kostyaev
From: Sergey Kostyaev @ 2023-11-18 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel