* Re: Incorrect use of "path" in ido.el
       [not found] <E18Y237-0005Xe-00@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2003-01-14  0:08 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2003-01-14  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> I looked at ido.el today and noticed it was using the term "path" to
> mean a file name.  In GNU the convention is to use "path" only for
> a search path.  I could fix the doc strings myself, but I see that
> the term is used in variables as well, and I don't think I should
> change that myself.
>
> Would you please make ido.el follow the GNU conventions?

This is fixed now.

The following INCOMPATIBLE changes were made to avoid using `path' in
variable names.  Users of ido's file prompt reformatting features will
have to take care:

ido-max-prompt-path is renamed to ido-max-file-prompt-width.

ido-make-file-prompt-hook is renamed to ido-rewrite-file-prompt-functions,
and the hook functions must now use the dynamic variable `dirname'
instead of `path' when returning the modified prompt component.

Defcustom ido-rewrite-prompt-path-rules is renamed to
ido-rewrite-file-prompt-rules.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-14  0:08 UTC | newest]