* Problems using CUA mode with emacs on Mac OS X
@ 2002-08-31 12:28 Sander Cox
From: Sander Cox @ 2002-08-31 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I used to run emacs on my Windows PC, but I recently acquired a Mac. I
checked out the source of Emacs to build it on my Mac and this all goes
ok. However when I try to load the CUA-mode my key mapping is false. On
my PC running CUA I can still do a C-x C-f to open a file but on my Mac
this fails. I get a "call-interactively: End of buffer" in the messages
buffer. Furthermore, the intended action of C-x when I have text
selected doesn't work either. The C-c and C-v for copying and pasting
text both work fine.

I'm running Mac OS X (10.2), Emacs latest from CVS, CUA.el is version
2.10 (also the latest as far as I know)

My .emacs file only contains this:
(setq load-path (append (list (concat "~/lisp")) load-path))
(require 'cua)
(CUA-mode t)

Any ideas?
When I simply remove these lines (especially the last two) I'm able to
open a buffer using C-x C-f

Regards,
Sander Cox

* Re: Problems using CUA mode with emacs on Mac OS X
@ 2002-09-01 21:17 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-09-01 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Sander Cox <sander@paralleldimension.nl> writes:

> I'm running Mac OS X (10.2), Emacs latest from CVS, CUA.el is version
> 2.10 (also the latest as far as I know)

Please use the version of CUA which is bundled with CVS emacs!!!

Just remove the (CUA-mode ...) call from you .emacs and
enable the "CUA style cut and paste" item on the Options menu.