* Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-08-28 21:35 Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2019-08-28 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Hi!

Version 26.3 of the Emacs text editor is now available.

For more information on Emacs, see:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs

You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
of the following links:
  https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.xz
  https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.gz

You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.xz.sig
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.gz.sig

The tarball is signed with the following GPG key, which can be found on
public PGP key servers:

  D405AA2C862C54F17EEE6BE0E8BCD7866AFCF978

You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
  https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/

This release is mainly a maintenance release, which contains a new GPG key for
GNU ELPA packages.

For more information about this release, see the etc/NEWS file, which
you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.

For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.

The online manuals will be updated shortly.

Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
Free Software Foundation's online store at:
https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/

Regards,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-08-29  8:04 ` phillip.lord
From: phillip.lord @ 2019-08-29  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: Emacs-devel, Emacs Devel

On 2019-08-28 22:35, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Version 26.3 of the Emacs text editor is now available.
>
> For more information on Emacs, see:
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs
>
> You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
> of the following links:
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.xz
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.gz
>
> You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.xz.sig
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.3.tar.gz.sig
>
> The tarball is signed with the following GPG key, which can be found on
> public PGP key servers:
>
>   D405AA2C862C54F17EEE6BE0E8BCD7866AFCF978
>
> You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
>   https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
>
> Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> This release is mainly a maintenance release, which contains a new GPG
> key for
> GNU ELPA packages.
>
> For more information about this release, see the etc/NEWS file, which
> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>
> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.
>
> The online manuals will be updated shortly.
>
> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>
> Regards,
> Nico

Windows Binaries are now on alpha

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/

Feedback and testing welcome, so I can promote to release.

Phil

* Re: Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-08-30  3:36   ` Tak Kunihiro
From: Tak Kunihiro @ 2019-08-30  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phillip.lord; +Cc: tkk, Nicolas Petton, Emacs-devel, Emacs Devel

> Windows Binaries are now on alpha
>
> https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/

I downloaded `emacs-26.3-x86_64.zip' and confirmed it works.
Thanks.

* Re: Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-08-30 11:53     ` Jostein Kjønigsen
From: Jostein Kjønigsen @ 2019-08-30 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel, Phillip Lord

Seconding this. Tested and works on Windows 10 (x64).

--
Regards
Jostein Kjønigsen

jostein@kjonigsen.net 🍵 jostein@gmail.com
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.xn--kjnigsen-64a.no/>

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, at 5:36 AM, Tak Kunihiro wrote:
> > Windows Binaries are now on alpha
> >
> > https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/
>
> I downloaded `emacs-26.3-x86_64.zip' and confirmed it works.
> Thanks.

* Re: Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-08-31  2:57 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2019-08-31  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: emacs-devel

Congratulations on the new release.

--
Dr Richard Stallman

* RE: Emacs 26.3 released
@ 2019-09-01 18:15   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2019-09-01 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phillip.lord, Nicolas Petton; +Cc: Emacs-devel, Emacs Devel

> Feedback and testing welcome, so I can promote to release.

FYI -

Tried the build with dependencies on Windows 10.  Got this popup:

----

Windows protected your PC

Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from running. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App: runemacs.exe
Publisher: Unknown publisher

----

I told it to "Run anyway", which seems to have prevented the popup from then on.

But some users might be put off by this.  Haven't seen this for previous releases.