* Curious error logic in completion--some
@ 2014-02-26 22:27 Daniel Colascione
From: Daniel Colascione @ 2014-02-26 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Why does completion--some to raise an error only if one of its passed-in
functions raises an error and all return nil? If we want to treat an
error as "no completions", we should do that consistently or
consistently propagate errors to callers. The way it is now, where the
interpretation of an error from a completion table depends on what other
completion tables are in use, seems odd.

* Re: Curious error logic in completion--some
@ 2014-03-04  3:20 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-03-04  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Colascione; +Cc: Emacs developers

> Why does completion--some to raise an error only if one of its passed-in
> functions raises an error and all return nil?

Kind of a historical accident.  We could try to remove that after the
trunk re-opens and see how to deal with the consequences.