* Eshell info page
@ 2003-11-26 16:28 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-11-26 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: johnw

Has anyone looked at the Eshell info page?  It has empty sections, and
is generally not on the same level as most of the other documentation
that comes with Emacs.  The software itself is great, it's just the
info page that's insufficient.  I'm curious if there are some basic
requirements for docs, when a package is included with Emacs.

I may be missing something - is there a source of information other
than the info page?  If so, merging them would be a good idea.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: Eshell info page
@ 2003-11-27 19:08 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-11-27 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: johnw, emacs-devel

    Has anyone looked at the Eshell info page?  It has empty sections, and
    is generally not on the same level as most of the other documentation
    that comes with Emacs.

It would be good to extend this documentation.
Would someone like to work on it?

* Re: Eshell info page
@ 2003-11-27 21:43   ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-11-27 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     Has anyone looked at the Eshell info page?  It has empty sections, and
>     is generally not on the same level as most of the other documentation
>     that comes with Emacs.
>
> It would be good to extend this documentation.
> Would someone like to work on it?

The Emacs Wiki has several pages worth of material, most of it
collections of coding examples.  Whoever wants to write the eshell
docs might want to take a look at it.

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/