* Emacs Continuous Build on Hydra
@ 2011-05-01 12:06 Christian Ohler
From: Christian Ohler @ 2011-05-01 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob Vermaas and Ludovic Courtès took the initiative to set up a
continuous build for Emacs trunk on Hydra at
http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk .

It builds (and runs ERT tests) on these platforms:
i686-cygwin
i686-darwin
i686-freebsd
i686-linux
x86_64-darwin
x86_64-linux

The first three of these are currently reported as broken; I presume
this is not because Emacs is actually broken on these platforms, but
because Emacs' build recipe on Hydra needs further tweaking.  I will
look into this later next week (unless someone beats me to it).

More details are in this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/hydra-users/2011-04/msg00001.html

For a list of other GNU packages that have a continuous build on Hydra,
see http://hydra.nixos.org/project/gnu .

Christian.

* Re: Emacs Continuous Build on Hydra
@ 2011-05-01 16:44 ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2011-05-01 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Christian Ohler <ohler@gnu.org> wrote:
> Rob Vermaas and Ludovic Courtčs took the initiative to set up a continuous
> build for Emacs trunk on Hydra at
> http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk .
>
> It builds (and runs ERT tests) on these platforms:
> i686-cygwin
> i686-darwin
> i686-freebsd
> i686-linux
> x86_64-darwin
> x86_64-linux

This is very nice. Is there any possibility to include w32 too?

* Re: Emacs Continuous Build on Hydra
@ 2011-05-01 17:27 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2011-05-01 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/1/2011 8:06 AM, Christian Ohler wrote:
> Rob Vermaas and Ludovic Courtès took the initiative to set up a
> continuous build for Emacs trunk on Hydra at
> http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk .
>
> It builds (and runs ERT tests) on these platforms:
> i686-cygwin
> i686-darwin
> i686-freebsd
> i686-linux
> x86_64-darwin
> x86_64-linux
>
> The first three of these are currently reported as broken; I presume
> this is not because Emacs is actually broken on these platforms, but
> because Emacs' build recipe on Hydra needs further tweaking.  I will
> look into this later next week (unless someone beats me to it).

I build the Emacs trunk regularly on Cygwin without a problem (and with
no special build recipe beyond './configure && make').  If you want to
send me Hydra's build recipe and error messages, I can probably help.

* Re: Emacs Continuous Build on Hydra
@ 2011-05-05  6:53   ` Christian Ohler
From: Christian Ohler @ 2011-05-05  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/05/11 13:27, Ken Brown wrote:
> I build the Emacs trunk regularly on Cygwin without a problem (and with
> no special build recipe beyond './configure && make'). If you want to
> send me Hydra's build recipe and error messages, I can probably help.

Someone must have fixed this in the meantime; the most recent build on
Hydra was successful.  Thanks for offering to help.

@ 2011-05-05  6:55   ` Christian Ohler
From: Christian Ohler @ 2011-05-05  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/05/11 12:44, Lennart Borgman wrote:
> This is very nice. Is there any possibility to include w32 too?

My impression is that Hydra doesn't support w32, but I'm not very
familiar with it.

@ 2011-05-16 21:47 ` Christian Ohler
From: Christian Ohler @ 2011-05-16 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hydra now sends notifications about build breakages in emacs trunk to
the mailing list emacs-buildstatus.

If you want to receive these notifications, please subscribe at
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-buildstatus .

Thanks to Ludovic Courtès and Stefan Monnier for setting this up.

Christian.