* make-network-process examples
@ 2011-02-14  7:09 Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-02-14  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I'm trying to get familar with network-processes in emacs.
Still in the beginning of learning elisp and trying learning-by-doing on
that, I would really appreciate if someone can point me to a simple
example of a sever. Sure I read the reference manual parts and the
documentation. However, I struggle with many different parts and would
like to see a valid example to create a server and correspond with it by
an (possible non-emacs) program. Google was not much of an help for that.

Thanks

Torsten

* Re: make-network-process examples
@ 2011-02-14  7:48 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-14  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get familar with network-processes in emacs.
> Still in the beginning of learning elisp and trying learning-by-doing
> on that, I would really appreciate if someone can point me to a simple
> example of a sever. Sure I read the reference manual parts and the
> documentation. However, I struggle with many different parts and would
> like to see a valid example to create a server and correspond with it
> by an (possible non-emacs) program. Google was not much of an help for
> that.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEchoServer

HTH
Jambunathan K.

@ 2011-02-14  8:01   ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-02-14  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 02/14/2011 04:48 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:
> Torsten Wagner<torsten.wagner@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get familar with network-processes in emacs.
>> Still in the beginning of learning elisp and trying learning-by-doing
>> on that, I would really appreciate if someone can point me to a simple
>> example of a sever. Sure I read the reference manual parts and the
>> documentation. However, I struggle with many different parts and would
>> like to see a valid example to create a server and correspond with it
>> by an (possible non-emacs) program. Google was not much of an help for
>> that.
>>

> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEchoServer
>
> HTH
> Jambunathan K.
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Torsten

Why do I feel very stupid now? I daily read in emacs wiki but didn't
find anything there.
Thanks
Torsten