* 15/11/2021 12:45:02 自动保存草稿
@ 2021-11-15  6:35 tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org, Po Lu

Hi, Po Lu:

      Could you provide a variable for xwidget-webkit, with this variable, I can know input method is enabled or not in xwidget-webkit environment.
for many Input method have probe feature, which can dynamic decision  input ASCII or Chinese by run probe function.

Thanks

* Re: 15/11/2021 12:45:02 自动保存草稿
@ 2021-11-15  6:36 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-15  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:

> Hi, Po Lu:
>
> Could you provide a variable for xwidget-webkit, with this
> variable, I can know input method is enabled or not in xwidget-webkit
> environment.  for many Input method have probe feature, which can
> dynamic decision input ASCII or Chinese by run probe function.
>
> Thanks

The variable is `current-input-method', no?  That's what I use to decide
whether or not to use the input method.

Thanks.

* Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  6:49   ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

At 2021-11-15 14:36:50, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, Po Lu:
>>
>> Could you provide a variable for xwidget-webkit, with this
>> variable, I can know input method is enabled or not in xwidget-webkit
>> environment.  for many Input method have probe feature, which can
>> dynamic decision input ASCII or Chinese by run probe function.
>>
>> Thanks
>
>The variable is `current-input-method', no?  That's what I use to decide
>whether or not to use the input method.

I need to know *xwidget-webkit* has been enable IM, only current-input-method
 is not enough.

>Thanks.

* Re:Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  6:52     ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

At 2021-11-15 14:49:39, "tumashu" <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

>At 2021-11-15 14:36:50, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi, Po Lu:
>>>
>>> Could you provide a variable for xwidget-webkit, with this
>>> variable, I can know input method is enabled or not in xwidget-webkit
>>> environment.  for many Input method have probe feature, which can
>>> dynamic decision input ASCII or Chinese by run probe function.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>>The variable is `current-input-method', no?  That's what I use to decide
>>whether or not to use the input method.
>
>I need to know *xwidget-webkit* has been enable IM, only current-input-method
> is not enough.

At the moment, I use below code, but seem to a bit ugly.

(defun pyim-probe-xwidget-webkit-environment ()
  "测试当前是否是 xwidget-webkit 运行环境。

这个探针主要用于: `pyim-force-input-chinese-functions'."
  (or (eq this-original-command
          'xwidget-webkit-pass-command-event-with-input-method)
      (bound-and-true-p xwidget-webkit-isearch--read-string-buffer)))

@ 2021-11-15  6:59     ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-15  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:

> I need to know *xwidget-webkit* has been enable IM, only
> current-input-method is not enough.

Input method support will always be enabled by xwidget-webkit if
`current-input-method' is non-nil.

* Re:Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  7:05       ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

At 2021-11-15 14:59:34, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

>tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>
>> I need to know *xwidget-webkit* has been enable IM, only
>> current-input-method is not enough.
>
>Input method support will always be enabled by xwidget-webkit if
>`current-input-method' is non-nil.

I know, but I can not know the environment is xwidget-webkit only by current-input-method.

* Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  7:21         ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-15  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:

> I know, but I can not know the environment is xwidget-webkit only by
> current-input-method.

You could always test the value of `xwidget-webkit-edit-mode', like:

  (and current-input-method xwidget-webkit-edit-mode)

* Re:Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  7:59           ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

At 2021-11-15 15:21:09, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>
>> I know, but I can not know the environment is xwidget-webkit only by
>> current-input-method.
>
>You could always test the value of `xwidget-webkit-edit-mode', like:
>
>  (and current-input-method xwidget-webkit-edit-mode)

When run input-method, I think it is in minibuffer, is xwidget-webkit-edit-mode  enable in minibuffer?

* Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  8:04             ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-15  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:

> When run input-method, I think it is in minibuffer, is
> xwidget-webkit-edit-mode enable in minibuffer?

Hmm.  I still don't think it warrants adding a new variable though.
Can't you test the value of `this-command' or something to determine if
you're inside the minibuffer because of xwidget-webkit-edit-mode?

* Re:Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  8:24               ` tumashu
From: tumashu @ 2021-11-15  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

At 2021-11-15 16:04:01, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

>tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>
>> When run input-method, I think it is in minibuffer, is
>> xwidget-webkit-edit-mode enable in minibuffer?
>
>Hmm.  I still don't think it warrants adding a new variable though.
>Can't you test the value of `this-command' or something to determine if
>you're inside the minibuffer because of xwidget-webkit-edit-mode?

At the moment, I use (eq this-original-command  'xwidget-webkit-pass-command-event-with-input-method) to test, and seem to work.
but I do not know whether this is a good way.

* Re: Provide a variable to indicate input method enable or not in xwidget-webkit
@ 2021-11-15  9:18                 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2021-11-15  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tumashu; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

tumashu  <tumashu@163.com> writes:

> At the moment, I use (eq this-original-command
> 'xwidget-webkit-pass-command-event-with-input-method) to test, and
> seem to work.  but I do not know whether this is a good way.

It's OK.  Thanks.