* "Matching region end for" message
@ 2021-05-06 14:43 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2021-05-06 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Casually, in Messages buffer I found this:

Starting new Ispell process ~/.emacs.d/aspell.cmd with default dictionary...done
Spell-checking foo.tex using aspell.cmd with default dictionary...
Matching region end for ‘/foo.tex’ point 135 not found
[...]

What does it mean the last row?

For the sake of completeness, aspell.cmd is this:

$ cat .emacs-w64.d/aspell.cmd
@echo off
wsl aspell %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

TIA

* Re: "Matching region end for" message
@ 2021-06-02 15:29 ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2021-06-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> Il 06/05/2021 16:43 Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
>

> Casually, in Messages buffer I found this:
>

> Starting new Ispell process ~/.emacs.d/aspell.cmd with default dictionary...done
> Spell-checking foo.tex using aspell.cmd with default dictionary...
> Matching region end for ‘/foo.tex’ point 135 not found
> [...]
>
> What does it mean the last row?
>
> For the sake of completeness, aspell.cmd is this:
>
> $ cat .emacs-w64.d/aspell.cmd
> @echo off
> wsl aspell %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

for completeness, the message is triggered by the word "programma" with some slash in the comments in TeX file. Some example:

%%
%%  /a/programma
%%

prints in Messages buffer:
Matching region end for ‘/a/programma’ point 123 not found

The same with 'a' substituted by a space,

%%
%%  / /programma
%%

prints nothing; removing the first slash:

%%
%%  a/programma
%%

prints nothing; this:

%%
%%  /programma
%%

prints nothing. The same examples with the word "programma" substituted by another, i.g. "1234abcd" prints nothing.

I suspect Aspell with the italian dictionary does this job!

In any case sorry for the noise.