* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
       [not found] <E1EkpZy-0005dg-7E@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2005-12-12  8:14 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2005-12-12  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jasonr

 >>Do others observe that?

> > Not here. It may be GTK specific.
> >

>Yes, it seems GTK specific.  I rebuilt without GTK:
>
>In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
>  of 2005-12-01 on localhost
>X server distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60802000
>configured using
>  `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign''
>
>and `describe-key', and `read-key-sequence', work as expected when I
>select a radio-button menu item.

I've fixed this now.  GTK calls the "activate" callback for the item
that becomes unselected also, so you got two callbacks, the one that did
the action (put on right) and the one you saw the help on (put on left).

    Jan D.

* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
@ 2005-12-12 10:52   ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2005-12-12 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, jasonr

BTW, I see that Options => Show/Hide => Scroll-bar has:

 Left, Right, None

but fringe has
 Right, Left, None, ....

Shall we make them be in the same order?  I prefer Left, Right myself.

    Jan D.

* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
@ 2005-12-13  3:15     ` Richard M. Stallman
From: Richard M. Stallman @ 2005-12-13  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jasonr, emacs-devel

    Shall we make them be in the same order?  I prefer Left, Right myself.

Please do.

* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
@ 2005-12-13 11:11       ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2005-12-13 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, jasonr

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     Shall we make them be in the same order?  I prefer Left, Right myself.
>
> Please do.

Done.  But what does this mean:

cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings.  Convert your scripts to use
the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format strings.

	Jan D.

* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
@ 2005-12-13 12:16 LENNART BORGMAN
From: LENNART BORGMAN @ 2005-12-13 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: jasonr, rms, emacs-devel

From: Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se>

> Done.  But what does this mean:
>
> cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings.  Convert your
> scripts to use
> the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format
> strings.

Could it be related to this:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/2005-12-12

* Re: [david.ponce@wanadoo.fr: Re: read-key-sequence bug?]
@ 2005-12-13 13:56 ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2005-12-13 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel, rms, jasonr

LENNART BORGMAN wrote:
> From: Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se>
>
>>Done.  But what does this mean:
>>
>>cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings.  Convert your
>>scripts to use
>>the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format
>>strings.
>

> Could it be related to this:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/2005-12-12

Aha, I didn't read all the way to the end.

	Jan D.