* Re: [romain@orebokech.com: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE]
       [not found] <E1EdyWS-0001r9-RB@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2005-11-25  8:02 ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2005-11-25  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: romain, emacs-devel

> [I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.]
> Would you please DTRT this and ack?

Ok, sorry for the late response.

> From: Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com>
> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE
[...]
> A Debian user reported that inserting the entity corresponding to the
> Unicode character "NO-BREAK SPACE" in nxml-mode reliably freezes Emacs.
> Indeed I can reproduce this here: when `nobreak-char-display' is non-nil
> (which is the default), then inserting this entity in a nXML buffer has
> strange effects.  I took screenshots to better demonstrate the problem:

nxml-mode is not included in Emacs's distribution.  I've
searched for it in the Internet and found this is the homepage:
   http://www.thaiopensource.com/nxml-mode/
but currently this site doesn't react.   So, please send me
nxml-mode.el.

By the way, I've tried this simple code in *scratch* to test
overlay (I'm not sure this is what nxml-mode is doing), but
found no problem.  How about you?

(progn
  (setq o (make-overlay 1 5))
  (overlay-put o 'after-string (string (decode-char 'ucs #xa0))))

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org

* Re: [romain@orebokech.com: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE]
@ 2005-11-25  8:14   ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-11-25  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa <handa@m17n.org> writes:

>> [I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.]
>> Would you please DTRT this and ack?

> Ok, sorry for the late response.

There is a misunderstanding, Kim fixed this problem on November 11th.

Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the

@ 2005-11-25  8:31   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-11-25  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: romain, rms, emacs-devel

Kenichi Handa wrote:

>nxml-mode is not included in Emacs's distribution.  I've
>searched for it in the Internet and found this is the homepage:
>   http://www.thaiopensource.com/nxml-mode/
>but currently this site doesn't react.   So, please send me
>nxml-mode.el.

I have uploaded a copy to
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/nxhtml/original/

I believe it is the latest version.

* Re: [romain@orebokech.com: Overlays, nobreak-char-display and NO-BREAK SPACE]
@ 2005-11-25 10:21     ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2005-11-25 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, emacs-devel

In article <87zmnt87pn.fsf@pacem.orebokech.com>, Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <handa@m17n.org> writes:
>>>  [I sent this message two weeks ago but did not get a response.]
>>>  Would you please DTRT this and ack?

>>  Ok, sorry for the late response.

> There is a misunderstanding, Kim fixed this problem on November 11th.

Ah, that's good.  Sorry for the noise.

---
Kenichi Handa
handa@m17n.org