* Severe hscroll-margin Bug
@ 2005-05-27 15:00 Markus Gritsch
From: Markus Gritsch @ 2005-05-27 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Short: When specifying a value for hscroll-margin which is quite large
relative to the window width, Emacs freezes up and takes 100% CPU.

Long: I have set hscroll-margin to a value of 20 so I can see the next
words in a buffer before reaching the margin.  I also use the "Emacs
Code Browser" Package (http://ecb.sourceforge.net/) which uses
relatively narrow windows to display directory listings, method
outlines, etc.  When I move the point into such a window, Emacs freezes up.

I think the problem is, that there is no region in the window, which
lies outside of any hscroll-margin, neither from the left nor from the
right side.

Thank you for  reading,
Markus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-27 15:00 UTC | newest]