* Mac OS X Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
@ 2005-04-28 14:58 Martin Buchmann
From: Martin Buchmann @ 2005-04-28 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i'm using today's CVS Emacs on Mac OS X 10.3.9 built using the
make-package script. Everything seems to work fine but i'm not able to
cut or copy text from a buffer. I only get messages like these:

Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
Symbol's function definition is void: mac-paste-function

Any ideas?
   Martin

--
... I'm IMAGINING a sensuous GIRAFFE, CAVORTING in the BACK ROOM of a
KOSHER DELI!!

* Re: Mac OS X Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
@ 2005-04-29  1:38 ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2005-04-29  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Hi, i'm using today's CVS Emacs on Mac OS X 10.3.9 built using the
> make-package script. Everything seems to work fine but i'm not able
> to cut or copy text from a buffer. I only get messages like these:

> Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
> Symbol's function definition is void: mac-paste-function

They are no longer used in the latest CVS.  You must be using older
.elc or you have own setting in your ~/.emacs or other startup files.

If the same error occurs even when invoked with -Q option (e.g.,
`/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q' from Terminal), then
do `make maintainer-clean' at the top directory, and then do
make-package at the mac directory again.  Otherwise, there must be
some setting about interprogram-cut-function in some startup files
such as site-start.el, defaults.el, etc.  Maybe you can find it with
find-grep-dired.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

* Re: Mac OS X Symbol's function definition is void: mac-cut-function
       [not found] <4225ccfd8f8908f2f8f9f77343a2ac48@gmail.com>
@ 2005-04-29  9:17 ` Martin Buchmann
From: Martin Buchmann @ 2005-04-29  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David, hi Yamamoto,

thanks for your advice. Deleting lisp/*.elc solved my problem.

Best regards
   Martin

--
Garbage In -- Gospel Out.