* which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-29  5:26 Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2005-03-29  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Would someone please apply this patch?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00105.html

Richard seemed to think the patch is ok and no one else objected
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00185.html

Thanks
Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl

* Re: which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-29 14:17 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-03-29 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Would someone please apply this patch?
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00105.html

> Richard seemed to think the patch is ok and no one else objected
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00185.html

Installed,

* Re: which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-30  0:03 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2005-03-30  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    Richard seemed to think the patch is ok and no one else objected
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00185.html

ISTR that there was further discussion which suggested this might not
be quite the right patch.  That is why I didn't install it.  However,
I have not had time to investigate what would be exactly the right
patch.

Can you find the further discussion?  I think it was just a day or two
after you sent that patch.

* Re: which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-30  8:53   ` Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2005-03-30  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Stephan Stahl, emacs-devel

Hi Richard.

Richard Stallman said:
> ISTR that there was further discussion which suggested this might not
> be quite the right patch.  That is why I didn't install it.  However,
> I have not had time to investigate what would be exactly the right
> patch.
>
> Can you find the further discussion?  I think it was just a day or two
> after you sent that patch.

I can neither find nor remember any futher discussion..  Those three
mails are the only ones that seem to belong to this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00105.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00176.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00185.html

This first two from me, one with the patch and one trying to explain
the sitiation a little bit more.  The last one is yours.

All other mails regarding which-func (emacs-devel archives search
*which-func*) are much older.  Hope i did not cause any confusion by
misunderstanding you.

In case someone finds a better solution remember to remove the old
patch..

Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl

* Re: which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-31 18:21     ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2005-03-31 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: stahl, emacs-devel

    I can neither find nor remember any futher discussion..  Those three
    mails are the only ones that seem to belong to this thread:
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00105.html
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00176.html
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-03/msg00185.html

I can't access messages thru URLs.  Everyone, please, when you want to
identify a past message, always show the date and the Subject field.

Anyway, I think I was concerned to make sure that different buffers
were not interfering with each other.  Now I've looked at the code
and see that they don't.  So I think this change is the right fix.

Thanks.

* Re: which-func-mode again
@ 2005-03-31 20:51       ` Stephan Stahl
From: Stephan Stahl @ 2005-03-31 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Richard.

Richard Stallman said:
> I can't access messages thru URLs.  Everyone, please, when you want to
> identify a past message, always show the date and the Subject field.

I'll remember that.

> Anyway, I think I was concerned to make sure that different buffers
> were not interfering with each other.  Now I've looked at the code
> and see that they don't.  So I think this change is the right fix.

That's good.  Thanks for checking.
Stephan
--
Stephan Stahl