* Building info on ms windows
@ 2004-10-19 20:08 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2004-10-19 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have without much problem built Emacs on ms windows with MinGW+MSYS (there
are some problems which I will report later). However I can't build info. If
I read the makefiles correctly I need makeinfo.exe from Texinfo. I tried to
build this from Texinfo sources, but without success. Any suggestions?

- Lennart

* Re: Building info on ms windows
@ 2004-10-19 20:54 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2004-10-19 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/texinfo.htm

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough

* Re: Building info on ms windows
@ 2004-10-19 21:41 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2004-10-19 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

"Lennart Borgman" <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> writes:

> I have without much problem built Emacs on ms windows with MinGW+MSYS (there
> are some problems which I will report later). However I can't build info. If
> I read the makefiles correctly I need makeinfo.exe from Texinfo. I tried to
> build this from Texinfo sources, but without success. Any suggestions?

I had not been able to find a version of Texinfo recent enough to
build the Emacs manuals with last time I looked, but your mail
persuaded me it was worth another try. gnuwin32.sourceforge.net now
has a precompiled 4.6. I just changed the makefile.w32-in for man and
lispref to work around a bug it has with command-line order.

* Re: Building info on ms windows
@ 2004-10-20  6:41 ` Peter 'Luna' Runestig
From: Peter 'Luna' Runestig @ 2004-10-20  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

On 2004-10-19 22:08, Lennart Borgman wrote:
> I have without much problem built Emacs on ms windows with MinGW+MSYS (there
> are some problems which I will report later). However I can't build info. If
> I read the makefiles correctly I need makeinfo.exe from Texinfo. I tried to
> build this from Texinfo sources, but without success. Any suggestions?

http://www.cygwin.com/ You don't have to build Emacs using Cygwin, just
use makeinfo from it.

--
Peter 'Luna' Runestig (fd. Altberg), Sweden <peter@runestig.com>