* Re: Trouble with classpaths
@ 2005-12-13 20:29 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-12-13 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:41:25 +0100
> From: LENNART BORGMAN <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
>
> I think Emacs compiled for Cygwin should understand paths like C:/some/path/to/file.txt since Cygwin understands them.

_Any_ Emacs port to Windows understands C:/some/path/to/file.txt.

* Re: Trouble with classpaths
@ 2005-12-13 21:02   ` Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2005-12-13 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:41:25 +0100
>>From: LENNART BORGMAN <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
>>
>>I think Emacs compiled for Cygwin should understand paths like C:/some/path/to/file.txt since Cygwin understands them.
>>

>_Any_ Emacs port to Windows understands C:/some/path/to/file.txt.

Thanks. Then I must have misunderstood something that the original
poster wrote. I have not myself used Emacs compiled for Cygwin.

* Re: Trouble with classpaths
@ 2005-12-14  9:58 LENNART BORGMAN
From: LENNART BORGMAN @ 2005-12-14  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>

> > From: LENNART BORGMAN

> > I think Emacs compiled for Cygwin should understand paths like
> C:/some/path/to/file.txt since Cygwin understands them.
>
> _Any_ Emacs port to Windows understands C:/some/path/to/file.txt.

********************
Hi.

Ed Mooney wrote:
> Cygwin emacs does not understand DOS paths. java/javac do not understand
> non-DOS paths. Once again, see the thread beginning here:
>
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/jde@sunsite.dk/msg08289.html

Sorry, yes you are right. However, Cygwin Xemacs does understand DOS
paths, and I apologise, as it was the failure to distinguish between the
two that led to my comment.

Agree about java/javac.

Regards,
Shaddy