* Re: [covici@ccs.covici.com: desktop-save variable ask-if -new always asks]
       [not found] ` <3EDAFFCD.1030500@math.ku.dk>
@ 2003-06-02  9:53   ` John covici
From: John covici @ 2003-06-02  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

If memory serves, I tried this on the cvs of May 18, and had the
problem on that one also.

I might comment that the logic in that part of the code is very
complicated -- perhaps it should be broken out a bit at the cost of
some cpu cycles, but less human cycles.

on Monday 06/02/2003 Lars Hansen(larsh@math.ku.dk) wrote
 > I have a fix ready. But before I send it, I want to investigate the
 > reason for the change that has just been made to desktop.el (revision
 > 1.56), it is wrong.
 >
 > Richard Stallman wrote:
 >
 > >This may have resulted from your changes--could you please investigate?

         John Covici
         covici@ccs.covici.com

* Re: [covici@ccs.covici.com: desktop-save variable ask-if -new always asks]
@ 2003-06-02 11:47     ` Lars Hansen
From: Lars Hansen @ 2003-06-02 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

John covici wrote:

>If memory serves, I tried this on the cvs of May 18, and had the
>problem on that one also.
>
>I might comment that the logic in that part of the code is very
>complicated -- perhaps it should be broken out a bit at the cost of
>some cpu cycles, but less human cycles.
>
>on Monday 06/02/2003 Lars Hansen(larsh@math.ku.dk) wrote
> > I have a fix ready. But before I send it, I want to investigate the
> > reason for the change that has just been made to desktop.el (revision
> > 1.56), it is wrong.
> >
> > Richard Stallman wrote:
> >
> > >This may have resulted from your changes--could you please investigate?

You are rigth, the problem has not been introduced with the recent
changes (those after May 18). The bug should be fixed when the patch I
posted earlier today is installed.