* Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 16:48 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-09-28 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Go to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, type 20 into field "Browse the N newest bugs:",
then click `Find'.  It finds no bugs.  That used to work.

(But a search for a specific bug number still finds it OK.)

* Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 17:00 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-28 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Go to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, type 20 into field "Browse the N newest bugs:",
> then click `Find'.  It finds no bugs.  That used to work.

Works fine here with your recipe above.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20;package=emacs

--
 Bastien

* RE: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 17:13   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-09-28 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bastien'; +Cc: emacs-devel

> > Go to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, type 20 into field "Browse
> > the N newest bugs:", then click `Find'.  It finds no bugs.
> > That used to work.
>
> Works fine here with your recipe above.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20;package=emacs

Thanks for checking.

But that is not following my recipe.  I didn't used to need to enter the package
(`emacs').  I just did what I wrote: went to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, typed 20
into field "Browse the N newest bugs:", and clicked `Find'.

Also, when I use your URL or I enter 20 as before but I also enter "emacs" as
the package, I do not get the 20 latest bugs.

Instead, I get a list of all bugs in package `emacs'.  And that's the case even
if I click the `Find' button next to "Browse the N newest bugs:" and not the
`Find' button next to radio button `package' and `What to search for:' emacs.

So it still seems broken to me.  But perhaps I am still missing something.

* Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 17:19     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-28 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: emacs-devel

>> > Go to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, type 20 into field "Browse
>> > the N newest bugs:", then click `Find'.  It finds no bugs.
>> > That used to work.
>>
>> Works fine here with your recipe above.
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20;package=emacs
>
> Thanks for checking.
>
> But that is not following my recipe.  I didn't used to need to enter the package
> (`emacs').  I just did what I wrote: went to http://debbugs.gnu.org/, typed 20
> into field "Browse the N newest bugs:", and clicked `Find'.

Trust me, I just did what you wrote.

I get this:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20

The URL I gave was not related to the recipe I followed but
I thought you would enjoy it too.

> Also, when I use your URL or I enter 20 as before but I also enter "emacs" as
> the package, I do not get the 20 latest bugs.

What do you get with this one?

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=10;package=emacs

I definitely get the 10 last Emacs "reports" -- i.e. bugs or updates
to a bug.

> Instead, I get a list of all bugs in package `emacs'.  And that's the case even
> if I click the `Find' button next to "Browse the N newest bugs:" and not the
> `Find' button next to radio button `package' and `What to search for:' emacs.
>
> So it still seems broken to me.  But perhaps I am still missing
> something.

Perhaps something weird with Internet Explorer.  Joooooking :)

--
 Bastien

* RE: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 17:32       ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-09-28 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bastien'; +Cc: emacs-devel

> >> Works fine here with your recipe above.
> >> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20;package=emacs
> >
> > Thanks for checking.
> >
> > But that is not following my recipe.  I didn't used to need
> > to enter the package (`emacs').  I just did what I wrote: went to
> > http://debbugs.gnu.org/, typed 20 into field "Browse the N newest
> > bugs:", and clicked `Find'.
>
> Trust me, I just did what you wrote.

OK.

> I get this:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=20
>
> The URL I gave was not related to the recipe I followed but
> I thought you would enjoy it too.

Trying that URL I get the same result: all bugs in package emacs.  Even though
the browser title bar says this: "bugs in 20 newest reports -- GNU bug report
logs"

Clearly we are not seeing the same thing for the same URL.  I even deleted my
browser cache and history, and even closed the browser completely.  I've
attached a screenshot of what I see.

> > Also, when I use your URL or I enter 20 as before but I
> > also enter "emacs" as the package, I do not get the 20 latest bugs.
>
> What do you get with this one?
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?newest=10;package=emacs

Same thing, except the title bar says "10" instead of "20".

> I definitely get the 10 last Emacs "reports" -- i.e. bugs or updates
> to a bug.

Sounds like perhaps the problem depends on the browser.

> Perhaps something weird with Internet Explorer.  Joooooking :)

No joke.  My guess is you are right.  My blind guess so far is that the site
changed something that IE7, at least, does not digest well.

Ah, but unfortunately Google Chrome has the same problem (for me) - at least the
version I have, which is "Version 22.0.1229.79 m".

[-- Attachment #2: throw-emacs-recent-bugs-IE7.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 111232 bytes --]

* Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 19:10         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-09-28 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: bzg, emacs-devel

> From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:32:18 -0700
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > Perhaps something weird with Internet Explorer.  Joooooking :)
>
> No joke.  My guess is you are right.  My blind guess so far is that the site
> changed something that IE7, at least, does not digest well.
>
> Ah, but unfortunately Google Chrome has the same problem (for me) - at least the
> version I have, which is "Version 22.0.1229.79 m".

FWIW, I get the expected results (the last 20 bugs) both with IE8 and
Firefox 15.0.1.

* RE: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-28 22:02           ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-09-28 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eli Zaretskii'; +Cc: bzg, emacs-devel

> > My blind guess so far is that the site changed something
> > that IE7, at least, does not digest well.
> >
> > Ah, but unfortunately Google Chrome has the same problem
> > (for me) - at least the version I have, which is
> > "Version 22.0.1229.79 m".
>
> FWIW, I get the expected results (the last 20 bugs) both with IE8 and
> Firefox 15.0.1.

That's good to hear, for users with those browsers at least.

But does the screen shot I sent look normal to you?  IOW, do you agree that what
I am seeing (per the screenshot) is not what I should be seeing?

(I have not had this problem before, as I mentioned.)

* Re: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-29  7:07             ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-09-29  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: bzg, emacs-devel

> From: "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> Cc: <bzg@gnu.org>, <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:02:25 -0700
>
> But does the screen shot I sent look normal to you?

It does look normal.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to
show the last 20 bugs, as requested.

> IOW, do you agree that what I am seeing (per the screenshot) is not
> what I should be seeing?

I think this is what you should be seeing.  Again, maybe I'm missing
something, and if so, please point out what I don't see.

* RE: Is debbugs.gnu.org broken?
@ 2012-09-29 14:12               ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-09-29 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eli Zaretskii'; +Cc: bzg, emacs-devel

> It does look normal. I think this is what you should be seeing.

My bad.  Thanks for checking.  Sorry for the noise.