* Emacs load-path and Mac OS X
@ 2005-07-03 13:35 Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2005-07-03 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Probably in winter (as usual one season after the planned autumn date)
a new TeXLive DVD will come. In the Mac OS X department it might well
have a Carbon or more aquaish GNU Emacs version (and an XEmacs too?) as
text editor (with AUCTeX and preview-latex). Recently the application
support structure for typical Mac OS X tools is not supported in GNU
Emacs. Couldn't you make /Library/Application Support/Emacs and
${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Emacs, both with a <space> in the
directory name, natural ingredients of src/epaths.h in the
PATH_LOADSEARCH macro or a similiar place?

(ATSUI support then could be fine too!)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler. (Albert Einstein)

* Re: Emacs load-path and Mac OS X
@ 2005-07-03 14:10 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2005-07-03 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3 Jul 2005, at 14:35, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Probably in winter (as usual one season after the planned autumn
> date) a new TeXLive DVD will come. In the Mac OS X department it
> might well have a Carbon or more aquaish GNU Emacs version (and an
> XEmacs too?) as text editor (with AUCTeX and preview-latex).
> Recently the application support structure for typical Mac OS X
> tools is not supported in GNU Emacs. Couldn't you make /Library/
> Application Support/Emacs and ${HOME}/Library/Application Support/
> Emacs, both with a <space> in the directory name, natural
> ingredients of src/epaths.h in the PATH_LOADSEARCH macro or a
> similiar place?

If people are interested in this, you can take the code from Aquamacs
that does this stuff. (not in epaths.h though!)
It loads the files in a useful order and also adds all subdirectories.
We now also load every site-start.el file in the path, thereby
supporting automatically installed plugins.
Ask me for code if interested.

> (ATSUI support then could be fine too!)

Good point - I was wondering about the status of that recently.

-- D