* [francois.bourgneuf@groupe-mma.fr: RE : case sensitive search using emacs info reader `s']
@ 2003-12-05 15:58 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-12-05 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: karl

Sounds like the Emacs Info reader needs to implement the `S' command
that is already available in the stand-alone Info.

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:55:46 +0100
From: "Bourgneuf Francois" <francois.bourgneuf@groupe-mma.fr>
To: <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: RE : case sensitive search using emacs info reader `s'
Sender: help-gnu-emacs-bounces+eliz=elta.co.il@gnu.org

I don't know what to set but I can tell that if you use at least one uppercase caracter, the search becomes case sensitive.
Bour9

From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-12-05 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

> Sounds like the Emacs Info reader needs to implement the `S' command
> that is already available in the stand-alone Info.

But that is a string search.  I guess you mean to add an `S' command
that makes the `s' regex search, case sensitive.

> From: "Bourgneuf Francois" <francois.bourgneuf@groupe-mma.fr>
> I don't know what to set but I can tell that if you use at least one
> uppercase caracter, the search becomes case sensitive.  Bour9

This is not true here....  (running recent cvs emacs) as posted using C-h i

`s' ELP <RET> finds the first instance of `help' on that page.

* Re: [francois.bourgneuf@groupe-mma.fr: RE : case sensitive search using emacs info reader `s']
@ 2003-12-06  9:16   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-12-06  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
> Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:47:42 -0600
>
> > Sounds like the Emacs Info reader needs to implement the `S' command
> > that is already available in the stand-alone Info.
>
> But that is a string search.  I guess you mean to add an `S' command
> that makes the `s' regex search, case sensitive.

`S' should do what `s' does, only case-sensitively.  That is how it
works in the stand-alone reader.