* set-transient-map: Howto avoid annoying "," in %k
@ 2024-01-13 19:34 T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2024-01-13 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Function set-transient-map  allows  one to use %k as a format modifier
to display the list of keys that would continue the transient, works
well almost all the time --- except when:

"," itself is a key in the transient map; at which point the message
"Repeat with %k" turns into "Repeat with ,,." if your transient binds
"," and ".".

Not sure how to avoid the somewhat weird looking doubled ","

* Re: set-transient-map: Howto avoid annoying "," in %k
@ 2024-01-14  7:50 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2024-01-14  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Function set-transient-map  allows  one to use %k as a format modifier
> to display the list of keys that would continue the transient, works
> well almost all the time --- except when:
>
> "," itself is a key in the transient map; at which point the message
> "Repeat with %k" turns into "Repeat with ,,." if your transient binds
> "," and ".".
>
> Not sure how to avoid the somewhat weird looking doubled ","

set-transient-map already wraps the keys with quotation marks that
makes the message more readable like this: "Repeat with ‘,’, ‘.’".

But substitute-command-keys puts the face on the keys
and therefore also removes these quotation marks.

And I don't know how it's possible to customize this
to leave these quotation marks in place.

* Re: set-transient-map: Howto avoid annoying "," in %k
@ 2024-01-14 15:08   ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2024-01-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: juri; +Cc: raman, emacs-devel

definitely a corner case. Sounds worse when spoken.