* New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-15 18:11 Dani Moncayo
From: Dani Moncayo @ 2012-10-15 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions, help-emacs-windows

FWIW, I've uploaded a new build of the trunk (revno 110553) for MS Windows.

* Link to the folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jr3vbv9tm1zod0/jPuvfrJAe8
* Link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm5gj82z5wbyhth/emacs-trunk-r110553-w32-i386.zip

--
Dani Moncayo

* New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-22 18:38 ` Dani Moncayo
From: Dani Moncayo @ 2012-10-22 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions, help-emacs-windows

FWIW, I've uploaded a new build of the trunk (revno 110618) for MS Windows.

Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jr3vbv9tm1zod0/jPuvfrJAe8
File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/900jz153vqcj906/emacs-trunk-r110618-w32-i386.zip

--
Dani Moncayo

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-22 18:52   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-10-22 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs development discussions

Dani Moncayo wrote:

> FWIW, I've uploaded a new build of the trunk (revno 110618) for MS Windows.

Thanks. It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:

http://emacsformacosx.com/
http://emacs.naquadah.org/

which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them on a website
somewhere. No need to let the development list know every time.

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-22 19:20     ` Dani Moncayo
From: Dani Moncayo @ 2012-10-22 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

> Thanks. It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
> guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:
>
> http://emacsformacosx.com/
> http://emacs.naquadah.org/
>
> which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them on a website
> somewhere. No need to let the development list know every time.

Yes, I don't like to post these notices to this list, because I guess
many people are not interested in them.

So from now on, I'll upload my builds to my shared Dropbox folder [1],
but I wont send any notice to this list.

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jr3vbv9tm1zod0/jPuvfrJAe8

--

@ 2012-10-22 19:25     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2012-10-22 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

> Thanks. It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
> guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:

> http://emacsformacosx.com/
> http://emacs.naquadah.org/

> which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them on a website
> somewhere.  No need to let the development list know every time.

Someone used to do that, IIRC (uploaded to alpha.gnu.org).

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-22 19:58       ` Deniz Dogan
From: Deniz Dogan @ 2012-10-22 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Emacs development discussions

On 2012-10-22 21:25,, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> Thanks. It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
>> guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:
>
>> http://emacsformacosx.com/
>> http://emacs.naquadah.org/
>
>> which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them on a website
>> somewhere.  No need to let the development list know every time.
>
> Someone used to do that, IIRC (uploaded to alpha.gnu.org).

Yes, Sean Sieger used to do it and maybe someone else.  I'd really
prefer these mailing list announcements to Dropbox.

Deniz

* RE: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-22 20:11       ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2012-10-22 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Stefan Monnier', 'Glenn Morris'
  Cc: help-emacs-windows, 'Sean Sieger',
	'Emacs development discussions'

> > It would be great it someone would do for MS Windows what these
> > guys (and probably others) do for other platforms:
> >
> > http://emacsformacosx.com/
> > http://emacs.naquadah.org/
> > which is just make builds on a regular basis and stick them
> > on a website somewhere.  No need to let the development list
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > know every time.
>
> Someone used to do that, IIRC (uploaded to alpha.gnu.org).

Sean Sieger did it.  But he also notified emacs-devel and help-emacs-windows.

I think the notifications are important, especially if the updates are not
regular.

It is most important to notify help-emacs-windows@gnu.org, IMO.  That would be
enough, I think, if you are worried about Emacs Dev being annoyed by the
announcements.  These are announcements for Emacs users, not just for
developers.

Ccing help-emacs-windows@gnu.org.  (You should not drop that list from the cc
list if you are discussing a proposal to stop sending such messages.)

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-27 15:30         ` Christoph Scholtes
From: Christoph Scholtes @ 2012-10-27 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams
  Cc: 'Sean Sieger', 'Emacs development discussions',
	'Stefan Monnier', help-emacs-windows

On 10/22/2012 2:11 PM, Drew Adams wrote:

> Sean Sieger did it.  But he also notified emacs-devel and help-emacs-windows.

Sean has not uploaded builds in a long time.

There are some issues with my automated build server and right now I am
not able to build on a regular basis. The server is running on my home
machine, which has issues.

Generally, I think it would be nice if we had a server that was not tied
to someone's personal machine and could be maintained by multiple
people. Is there a CI server we can use to build and package the weekly
binaries?

Christoph

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-10-27 15:58           ` Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2012-10-27 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Scholtes
  Cc: help-emacs-windows, Sean Sieger, Stefan Monnier, Drew Adams,
	Emacs development discussions

There is a CI server for Emacs running here:
http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk. It does cygwin builds.
I don't know if that's exactly what's needed or not, but I hope it
helps.

That server is also building the emacs-24 branch, and some other GNU projects.

Noah Lavine

@ 2012-11-08  9:31           ` Eric Lilja
From: Eric Lilja @ 2012-11-08  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: help-emacs-windows

On 2012-10-27 17:30, Christoph Scholtes wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 2:11 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
>
>> Sean Sieger did it.  But he also notified emacs-devel and
>> help-emacs-windows.
>
> Sean has not uploaded builds in a long time.
>
> There are some issues with my automated build server and right now I am
> not able to build on a regular basis. The server is running on my home
> machine, which has issues.

How's it going with your machine problems, Christoph? Hope they are
sorted out to your advantage soon! I wholeheartedly agree with Drew
Adams (you snipped that part in your reply) that these notifications to
the mailing list are very important for the community and I personally I
would be sad to see them stop. Also, I would like to convey my sincere
appreciation for doing these builds.

> Generally, I think it would be nice if we had a server that was not tied
> to someone's personal machine and could be maintained by multiple
> people. Is there a CI server we can use to build and package the weekly
> binaries?

That sounds great, hope it can be arranged!

Best regards

* Re: New build of the trunk for MS Windows
@ 2012-11-08 19:04             ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-11-08 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Lilja; +Cc: help-emacs-windows, Emacs developers

(X-post and followup-to: help-emacs-windows@gnu.org)

Eric Lilja wrote (on Thu, 8 Nov 2012 at 10:31 +0100):

> Adams (you snipped that part in your reply) that these notifications
> to the mailing list are very important for the community and I
> personally I would be sad to see them stop.

I don't care about help-emacs-windows, but this really has nothing to
do with emacs-devel, so I wish I could stop reading about it there at
least.