* Re: feature/completions-customs 10cb469ee8: Rename completion-header-string to completion-header-format
       [not found] ` <20220313185739.BED68C01684@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-03-13 22:19   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2022-03-13 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Jimmy Aguilar Mena

> -@vindex completion-header-string
> -The variable @code{completion-header-string} is a string to control
> -the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s'' to show
> -the total number of completions.  If nil no completions are shown.
> -Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some useful
> -ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible} (@pxref{Special
> -Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp, The Emacs Lisp
> -Reference Manual}).
> +@vindex completion-header-format
> +The variable @code{completion-header-format} is a formatted string to
> +control the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s''
> +to show the total number of completions.  If nil no completion header
> +is shown.  Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some
> +useful ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible}
> +(@pxref{Special Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp,
> +The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual}).

I think "shown before completions" needs to be made more precise.
I think you need to say that this is about the content of the completion
list buffer or something like that.

* Re: feature/completions-customs 10cb469ee8: Rename completion-header-string to completion-header-format
@ 2022-03-13 22:54     ` Ergus
From: Ergus @ 2022-03-13 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sun, Mar 13, 2022 at 06:19:46PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> -@vindex completion-header-string
>> -The variable @code{completion-header-string} is a string to control
>> -the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s'' to show
>> -the total number of completions.  If nil no completions are shown.
>> -Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some useful
>> -ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible} (@pxref{Special
>> -Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp, The Emacs Lisp
>> -Reference Manual}).
>> +@vindex completion-header-format
>> +The variable @code{completion-header-format} is a formatted string to
>> +control the message shown before completions.  It may contain a ``%s''
>> +to show the total number of completions.  If nil no completion header
>> +is shown.  Text properties may be added to change the appearance, some
>> +useful ones are @code{face} or @code{cursor-intangible}
>> +(@pxref{Special Properties,,Properties with Special Meanings, elisp,
>> +The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual}).
>
>I think "shown before completions" needs to be made more precise.
>I think you need to say that this is about the content of the completion
>list buffer or something like that.
>

>        Stefan

Thanks Stefan.

  I just fixed it a little bit, check if it is better now and feel free
to change it as you consider.

Best,
Ergus