* Looking for users of url-future.el
@ 2020-05-25 22:45 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2020-05-25 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I can't seem to find *any* code using url-future.el.
And looking at the description, I can't understand how it's supposed to
be used.

So, if you have any information about url-future.el I'd be interested to
hear about it.

Otherwise, any objection to moving to lisp/obsolete?

* Re: Looking for users of url-future.el
@ 2020-05-26  1:58 ` Michael Heerdegen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2020-05-26  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> So, if you have any information about url-future.el I'd be interested
> to hear about it.

AFAIR it provides a functionality similar to "thunk.el" - it had been
mentioned when we spoke about thunks and streams.  I don't know how it's
supposed to be used in conjunction with url.el.

Michael.

* Re: Looking for users of url-future.el
@ 2020-05-26  3:33 ` Zihao Zhu
From: Zihao Zhu @ 2020-05-26  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

On 2020/5/26 上午6:45, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I can't seem to find *any* code using url-future.el.
> And looking at the description, I can't understand how it's supposed to
> be used.
>
> So, if you have any information about url-future.el I'd be interested to
> hear about it.
>
> Otherwise, any objection to moving to lisp/obsolete?
>

>          Stefan

Stefan, are you going to write a full featured future module to replace
url-future.el?

--

Zihao

* Re: Looking for users of url-future.el
@ 2020-05-26  3:35 ` Zihao Zhu
From: Zihao Zhu @ 2020-05-26  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

On 2020/5/26 上午6:45, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I can't seem to find *any* code using url-future.el.
> And looking at the description, I can't understand how it's supposed to
> be used.
>
> So, if you have any information about url-future.el I'd be interested to
> hear about it.
>
> Otherwise, any objection to moving to lisp/obsolete?
>

>          Stefan

Stefan, are you going to write a full featured future module to replace
url-future.el?

--

Zihao

* Re: Looking for users of url-future.el
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2020-05-26  6:40 ` Vasilij Schneidermann
From: Vasilij Schneidermann @ 2020-05-26  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel