* Documentation on git branches...
@ 2017-04-11 17:58 Perry E. Metzger
From: Perry E. Metzger @ 2017-04-11 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Howdy! Noticed that the top level of the Emacs repo has no files that
mention which branches are currently used for development and how. It
might be nice to explain the distinction between the emacs-25 branch
and master in "CONTRIBUTE" -- a sentence or two would be enough. (I'd
propose language for it but I'm not sure I'd get it right.)

PErry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com

* Re: Documentation on git branches...
@ 2017-04-11 18:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2017-04-11 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perry E. Metzger; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:58:03 -0400
> From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
>
> Howdy! Noticed that the top level of the Emacs repo has no files that
> mention which branches are currently used for development and how.

Not sure why you say that, because I see it mentioned under
"Branches".  What exactly is missing from that text?

> It might be nice to explain the distinction between the emacs-25
> branch and master in "CONTRIBUTE" -- a sentence or two would be
> enough.

Emacs-25 is a release branch, and that is described in CONTRIBUTE.
Once again, please elaborate about what's missing in your opinion.

* Re: Documentation on git branches...
@ 2017-04-11 20:17   ` Perry E. Metzger
From: Perry E. Metzger @ 2017-04-11 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:43:41 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:58:03 -0400
> > From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
> >
> > Howdy! Noticed that the top level of the Emacs repo has no files
> > that mention which branches are currently used for development
> > and how.
>
> Not sure why you say that, because I see it mentioned under
> "Branches".  What exactly is missing from that text?

I seem to have managed to fail to find what was in plain sight. Ignore
my message.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com