* Help, please: how do I get a non-zero (minibuffer-depth)?
@ 2009-04-09  9:28 Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-04-09  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Emacs!

When the command loop processes an (interactive "@"), it throws an error
when the pertinent mouse event was in an "inactive" minibuffer.

This is when (amongst other things)

    minibuf_level > 0

.  This is equivalent to the lisp

    (> (minibuffer-depth) 0)

.  Would somebody please give me a quick tip, and tell me how to
generate a non-zero minibuffer-depth.  Thanks in advance!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: Help, please: how do I get a non-zero (minibuffer-depth)?
@ 2009-04-09  9:49 ` Lawrence Mitchell
From: Lawrence Mitchell @ 2009-04-09  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi, Emacs!

> When the command loop processes an (interactive "@"), it throws an error
> when the pertinent mouse event was in an "inactive" minibuffer.

> This is when (amongst other things)

>     minibuf_level > 0

> .  This is equivalent to the lisp

>     (> (minibuffer-depth) 0)

> .  Would somebody please give me a quick tip, and tell me how to
> generate a non-zero minibuffer-depth.  Thanks in advance!

(setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t)

M-x

M-: (minibuffer-depth) RET
  => 1

Lawrence
--
Lawrence Mitchell <wence@gmx.li>

* Re: Help, please: how do I get a non-zero (minibuffer-depth)?
@ 2009-04-09 13:40   ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2009-04-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi, Lawrence!

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 10:49:52AM +0100, Lawrence Mitchell wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > .  Would somebody please give me a quick tip, and tell me how to
> > generate a non-zero minibuffer-depth.  Thanks in advance!

> (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t)

Thanks, that's just the job!  To trigger the error handling, I had to
create a second frame.