* Starting ispell in some fixed directory
@ 2006-09-18 14:32 Slawomir Nowaczyk
From: Slawomir Nowaczyk @ 2006-09-18 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

At the moment, ispell is started (or restarted) in the current directory
of the current buffer. This can lead to problems on w32 where ispell is
still left running after I finish editing a file, which means I cannot
rename, move nor delete the directory in which that file reside.

I use flyspell and, for some reason I do not understand too well but
which might be related to how ispell works, whenever I change from a
buffer with "LocalWords: " definition to one without it, ispell process
is restarted. But it not always restarted again when I kill the new
buffer and go back to the old one.

I often visit some file, edit it, and then want to rename the directory.
It is not (I think) a problem in GNU/Linux, but on w32 system will not
allow me to do it, since there is an ispell process running from that
directory.

A simple fix would be to run ispell in some predefined directory, at
least on Windows -- c:/ for example. I do not think the location matters
for ispell.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Lottery: A tax on people who don't understand statistics.