* dired-no-confirm docstring.
@ 2006-01-20  4:39 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2006-01-20  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe that the exact effect of customizing dired-no-confirm may not
be completely clear from its docstring.  I propose the following
clarification.  I can install if desired.

===File ~/dired.el-diff=====================================
*** dired.el	19 Jan 2006 13:05:34 -0600	1.331
--- dired.el	19 Jan 2006 22:36:00 -0600
***************
*** 2519,2524 ****
--- 2519,2527 ----

  (defcustom dired-no-confirm nil
    "A list of symbols for commands Dired should not confirm.
+ This matters if the command would operate on more than one file.
+ In that case, Dired shows a list of all files on which the command will
+ operate and asks for confirmation, unless the command is in this list.
  Command symbols are `byte-compile', `chgrp', `chmod', `chown', `compress',
  `copy', `delete', `hardlink', `load', `move', `print', `shell', `symlink',
  `touch' and `uncompress'."

* Re: dired-no-confirm docstring.
@ 2006-01-20  4:46 ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2006-01-20  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From my previous message:

   I believe that the exact effect of customizing dired-no-confirm may not
   be completely clear from its docstring.  I propose the following
   clarification.  I can install if desired.

Please completely disregard this.  I was just confused for a moment.
I confused the criteria for asking for confirmation with the criteria
for showing a pop-up window.

Sincerely,

Luc.