From: Agustin Martin <agustin.martin@hispalinux.es>
Subject: Re: flyspell.el [1.90->1.91] flyspell-large-region-beg should be moved after good match
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:41:15 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 08:03:25PM -0500, Richard M. Stallman wrote:
> I think this fix is a cleaner one.  Does it work right?
>
> *** flyspell.el	04 Dec 2005 12:42:38 -0500	1.91
> --- flyspell.el	16 Dec 2005 19:58:07 -0500
> ***************
> *** 1311,1316 ****
> --- 1311,1318 ----
>   	(ispell-otherchars (ispell-get-otherchars)))
>       (with-current-buffer flyspell-external-ispell-buffer
>         (goto-char (point-min))
> +       (with-current-buffer flyspell-large-region-buffer
> + 	(goto-char flyspell-large-region-beg))
>         ;; Loop over incorrect words.
>         (while (re-search-forward "\\([^\n]+\\)\n" (point-max) t)
>   	;; Bind WORD to the next one.

I have tested that change in Debian sarge emacs21.4 with the french
Hydro Quebec ispell dict and the same french ispell dictionary
(with the old boundary-chars mistmatches) and that seems to cause
problems with forward jumps over regions.

These problems are probably related to the boundary-chars mismatch,
but since this can appear from user .emacs files in a rather obscure
mode I would rather leave patch the other way.

I will try testing this in a current emacs when I can. I still do not
understand where and why is the jump produced in that file, but as mentioned
above seems related to words tagged as not found because contain chars not
in casechars or boundary-chars, but actually found in the search loop thus
moving point.

--
Agustin