* unexec
@ 2005-05-14  4:08 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2005-05-14  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

This item in FOR-RELEASE

  ** Make unexec handle memory mapping policy of the latest versions of Linux.

is nontrivial, but probably not deeply difficult for someone who would
be willing to read the relevant documentation.  It is very important.

Would someone please offer to work on this?

* Re: unexec
@ 2005-05-14 17:44 ` Sascha Wilde
From: Sascha Wilde @ 2005-05-14 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 12:08:16AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> This item in FOR-RELEASE
>
>   ** Make unexec handle memory mapping policy of the latest versions of Linux.
>
> is nontrivial, but probably not deeply difficult for someone who would
> be willing to read the relevant documentation.  It is very important.

While thinking that this is indeed important, I just want to point out
that this is not a general problem with the Linux Kernel.  Exec-shield
which causes this problem is _not_ part of the standard vanilla Linux
Kernel -- it is only part of the later RedHat Systems like Fedora and
RHE-3.  I'm not sure if there are any other GNU/Linux Distribution
which use KErnels with Exec-shield by default...

cheers sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
Life's too short to read boring signatures