* Re: rfc1843.el and hz coding system
       [not found]                   ` <E1CKDnu-0004wS-KU@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2004-10-22 13:17                     ` Kenichi Handa
From: Kenichi Handa @ 2004-10-22 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: fx, emacs-devel

In article <E1CKDnu-0004wS-KU@fencepost.gnu.org>, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> So I now come to think that you are right--you should change it back,
> leave TABLE as unibyte.

> Can you also add the code to handle char-tables as translate tables?
> It is already written, just needs to be put into the trunk.

Ok, I've just installed these changes and mentioned about
the change in NEWS.

src/ChangeLog

2004-10-22  Kenichi Handa  <handa@m17n.org>

	* editfns.c (Ftranslate_region_internal): New function.
	(syms_of_editfns): Defsubr it.

lisp/ChangeLog

2004-10-22  Kenichi Handa  <handa@m17n.org>

	* international/mule.el (translate-region): Implement it in Lisp
	as a front end of translate-region-internal.

lispref/ChangeLog

2004-10-22  Kenichi Handa  <handa@m17n.org>

	* text.texi (translate-region): Document that it accepts also a
	char-table.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa@m17n.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-22 13:17 UTC | newest]