* CVS Emacs - [n]make info fails
@ 2004-02-04 10:47 Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2004-02-04 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
 I am building CVS Emacs (HEAD) on W2K using both MSVC 6.0 and MinGW
 environment. Building "info" fails in "emacs/lispref" as it fails to
 find "index.perm" and "index.unperm". I just copied "index.texi" as
 ".perm" and ".unperm" to go through the build. Not sure this is correct.

with regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935
http://schemer.fateback.com/

* Re: CVS Emacs - [n]make info fails
@ 2004-02-04 11:12 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-02-04 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "Dhruva Krishnamurthy" <devel@member.fsf.org>
> Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:17:50 +0530
>
>  I am building CVS Emacs (HEAD) on W2K using both MSVC 6.0 and MinGW
>  environment. Building "info" fails in "emacs/lispref" as it fails to
>  find "index.perm" and "index.unperm".

Thanks.

This is a bug in lispref/makefile.w32-in: it didn't track the change
in lispref/Makefile.in that removed all references to index.perm and
index.unperm.

If you have write access to the Emacs CVS, perhaps you could fix
makefiles.w32-in.

* Re: CVS Emacs - [n]make info fails
@ 2004-02-04 11:17   ` Dhruva Krishnamurthy
From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy @ 2004-02-04 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs Devel

On 04 Feb 2004 13:12:19 +0200, "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> said:

> This is a bug in lispref/makefile.w32-in: it didn't track the change
> in lispref/Makefile.in that removed all references to index.perm and
> index.unperm.
>
> If you have write access to the Emacs CVS, perhaps you could fix
> makefiles.w32-in.

Sorry, I do not have write access to CVS.
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935
http://schemer.fateback.com/