* Re: Window manager decorations
       [not found] <20030929.141614.154546801.kazu@iijlab.net>
@ 2003-10-04 17:46 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-10-04 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: kazu, emacs-devel

Hello.

I'd like to make a change that will determine the type of WM at runtime.
However, to do so, I will change the fullscreen move routines to something
more generic (i.e. compensate for any kind of move, not just to 0, 0).

As I see it w32 also uses the FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT emum value.  But
is it really needed? Is x_check_fullscreen_move needed at all on w32?  The
reason I ask is I have the impression that w32 does not have any window
managers at all (or just one depending on how you see it).  Therefore the
behaviour should be consistent.

I think only X needs this adjustment, so I'd prefer to keep the relevant
new parts in the x output structure.  This means that FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT
would also be moved and renamed to something in xterm.h only.  This will
break w32 build, so I'd like to know how to fix it again (remove
x_check_fullscreen_move or keep the renamed name in the generic frame
structure).  BTW, I do not have the capability to build on w32.

Thanks,

	Jan D.

@ 2003-10-05 11:21   ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2003-10-05 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: kazu, emacs-devel

"Jan D." <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> As I see it w32 also uses the FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT emum value.  But
> is it really needed? Is x_check_fullscreen_move needed at all on
> w32?

I don't think so. That code was blindly copied from xterm.c.

> This will break w32 build, so I'd like to know how to fix it again
> (remove x_check_fullscreen_move or keep the renamed name in the
> generic frame structure).  BTW, I do not have the capability to
> build on w32.

I suggest removing the function and its callers from w32term.c.
If there is any need for a function like this on Windows, then we can
add it back, but it is likely to look different than the X version
anyway.

* Re: Window manager decorations
@ 2003-10-05 13:47     ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-10-05 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: kazu, emacs-devel

> "Jan D." <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:
>
> > As I see it w32 also uses the FULLSCREEN_MOVE_WAIT emum value.  But
> > is it really needed? Is x_check_fullscreen_move needed at all on
> > w32?
>
> I don't think so. That code was blindly copied from xterm.c.
>
> > This will break w32 build, so I'd like to know how to fix it again
> > (remove x_check_fullscreen_move or keep the renamed name in the
> > generic frame structure).  BTW, I do not have the capability to
> > build on w32.
>
> I suggest removing the function and its callers from w32term.c.
> If there is any need for a function like this on Windows, then we can
> add it back, but it is likely to look different than the X version
> anyway.

Okay, I did that.

	Jan D.