* gtk-port: Underscore in filenames becomes menu "shortkey"
@ 2003-05-02  8:12 Joachim Nilsson
From: Joachim Nilsson @ 2003-05-02  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Opening files, both from the command line and the with file selector(s),
with underscore(s) '_' in the name creates GTK+ "shortcut keys" in the
Buffers menu. E.g., my_file.c becomes myfile.c with the 'f' underscored
here -----------------------------------^      in the pulldown menu.

I was looking for a way to fix this by escaping underscores in the GTK+
port, bu I couldn't find a neat way to do this for both cases: command
line filenames and files opened with xg_get_file_name(), so I gave up.

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson  :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46-(0)21-123348 :: <http://joachim.vmlinux.org>

* Re: gtk-port: Underscore in filenames becomes menu "shortkey"
@ 2003-05-02 12:22 ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-05-02 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Hi!
>

> Opening files, both from the command line and the with file selector(s),
> with underscore(s) '_' in the name creates GTK+ "shortcut keys" in the
> Buffers menu. E.g., my_file.c becomes myfile.c with the 'f' underscored
> here -----------------------------------^      in the pulldown menu.
>
> I was looking for a way to fix this by escaping underscores in the GTK+
> port, bu I couldn't find a neat way to do this for both cases: command
> line filenames and files opened with xg_get_file_name(), so I gave up.

I've fixed this.  Menu navigation with keys don't work in Emacs anyway,
there needs to be a general (i.e. for all toolkits) way to do this.

	Jan D.