* Re: y-or-n-p, emacs -l, wristwatch cursor
       [not found] <87d6jmfjoh.fsf@oralce.telent.net>
@ 2003-04-21  0:59 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-04-21  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I have a file foo.el, containing the single line

    (y-or-n-p "hello")

    I start emacs and load this file with the command

    emacs --no-site-file -q -l foo.el

    and am prompted in the echo area/minibuffer with "hello(y or n) ".
    After pressing one of 'y' or 'n', the text cursor starts flashing and
    then the mouse pointer changes into the wristwatch-shaped 'wait'
    cursor, and stays like that until I press C-g.  While the wait pointer
    is active, the menus and toolbars do nothing when clicked on.

This seems to be fixed in the current development sources.
If you can determine which change fixed it, we could perhaps
put that change in the next bug-fix release.

* Re: y-or-n-p, emacs -l, wristwatch cursor
@ 2003-04-21  8:20   ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-04-21  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>     I have a file foo.el, containing the single line
>
>     (y-or-n-p "hello")
>
>     I start emacs and load this file with the command
>
>     emacs --no-site-file -q -l foo.el
>
>     and am prompted in the echo area/minibuffer with "hello(y or n) ".
>     After pressing one of 'y' or 'n', the text cursor starts flashing and
>     then the mouse pointer changes into the wristwatch-shaped 'wait'
>     cursor, and stays like that until I press C-g.  While the wait pointer
>     is active, the menus and toolbars do nothing when clicked on.
>
> This seems to be fixed in the current development sources.
> If you can determine which change fixed it, we could perhaps
> put that change in the next bug-fix release.

This has been fixed in 21.3.

	Jan D.