* Bootstrap fails in eshell/esh-module.el
@ 2003-04-09 16:25 Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-04-09 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Compiling /home/jhd/src/emacsCVS/lisp/eshell/esh-module.el

In toplevel form:
eshell/esh-module.el:29:13:Error: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jhd/src/emacsCVS/lisp'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

	Jan D.

* Re: Bootstrap fails in eshell/esh-module.el
@ 2003-04-10  0:39 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2003-04-10  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jan D." <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> In toplevel form:
> eshell/esh-module.el:29:13:Error: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
> make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jhd/src/emacsCVS/lisp'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Any idea what might have changed in Emacs recently?  Eshell has not
been changed since 3/26, and then only to update a default value.

John

* Re: Bootstrap fails in eshell/esh-module.el
@ 2003-04-10  0:57   ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-04-10  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

John Wiegley wrote:

   "Jan D." <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

   > In toplevel form:
   > eshell/esh-module.el:29:13:Error: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil
   > make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
   > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jhd/src/emacsCVS/lisp'
   > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

   Any idea what might have changed in Emacs recently?  Eshell has not
   been changed since 3/26, and then only to update a default value.

   John

I just bootstrapped moments ago without any problems.  Maybe whoever
made a change breaking Eshell noticed the problem and already
corrected it.  (Unless you made a change in the meantime.)

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: Bootstrap fails in eshell/esh-module.el
@ 2003-04-10  1:13     ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-04-10  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: johnw

>From my previous message:

   I just bootstrapped moments ago without any problems.  Maybe whoever
   made a change breaking Eshell noticed the problem and already
   corrected it.  (Unless you made a change in the meantime.)

In particular, a previous change to file-chase-links got fixed 6 hours
ago.  (It has a new optional argument LIMIT).

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: Bootstrap fails in eshell/esh-module.el
@ 2003-04-10 17:38       ` Jan D.
From: Jan D. @ 2003-04-10 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> >From my previous message:
>
>    I just bootstrapped moments ago without any problems.  Maybe whoever
>    made a change breaking Eshell noticed the problem and already
>    corrected it.  (Unless you made a change in the meantime.)
>
> In particular, a previous change to file-chase-links got fixed 6 hours
> ago.  (It has a new optional argument LIMIT).

It is working now.

Thanks,
	Jan D.