* How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows
@ 2002-10-01 20:00 Ben Key
From: Ben Key @ 2002-10-01 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: GNU Emacs Help (E-mail)

I love to use Emacs in the reverse-video mode.  It makes it much easier for
me to see the Emacs display with my failing vision.
I do have one problem though.  The only way I know to get Emacs to start in
this mode is to run it from the command line using the --reverse-video
command line switch (or one of the various other command line switches that
cause Emacs to start in this mode).  This is fine except for when Emacs is
launched via the VisEmacs Visual Studio add in.

I cannot figure out how to make Emacs go into reverse-video mode by default.
Is it possible to do this from my .emacs file or via an environment
variable?  If it is not possible, how can I add this capability to Emacs?

Thank you.

* Re: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows
@ 2002-10-02  6:27 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2002-10-02  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: GNU Emacs Devel (E-mail), GNU Emacs Help (E-mail)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:00:33 -0400, Ben Key <BenK@FreedomScientific.com> wrote:

> I cannot figure out how to make Emacs go into reverse-video mode by default.

You can always manually set the foreground color to white (or light grey)
and the background to black in the registry.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gnu\Emacs I have values:

Emacs.Background = "black"
Emacs.Foreground = "light grey"

and, to be on the safe side, in my .emacs I add the following entries:

(background-color . "black")
(foreground-color . "light grey")
(background-mode  . dark)

to `default-frame-alist' and `initial-frame-alist'.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u