* describe-function global-font-lock-mode-cmmh
@ 2002-08-11 23:25 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2002-08-11 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

This bears some resemblance to a bug I reported in a previous thread
(bugs in two functions using load-history).  The symptom is similar,
but I believe the cause could be totally different.

Do C-h f global-font-lock-mode-cmmh

Result:

global-font-lock-mode-cmmh is a compiled Lisp function in `font-lock'.
(global-font-lock-mode-cmmh)
not documented

Click on `font-lock'.

Result:

find-function-search-for-symbol: Cannot find definition of
`global-font-lock-mode-cmmh' in library `font-lock'

C-s global-font-lock-mode-cmmh in font-lock.el shows indeed no trace
of this function.

I found previous examples of this (see the above mentioned thread),
but there the cause was that load-history does not distinguish between
variables and functions.  However, global-font-lock-mode-cmmh has no
value as a variable.

(I am using Emacs 21.2 90)

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: describe-function global-font-lock-mode-cmmh
@ 2002-08-12 16:11 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2002-08-12 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> This bears some resemblance to a bug I reported in a previous thread
> (bugs in two functions using load-history).  The symptom is similar,
> but I believe the cause could be totally different.
>
> Do C-h f global-font-lock-mode-cmmh
>
> Result:
>
> global-font-lock-mode-cmmh is a compiled Lisp function in `font-lock'.
> (global-font-lock-mode-cmmh)
> not documented
>
> Click on `font-lock'.
>
> Result:
>
> find-function-search-for-symbol: Cannot find definition of
> `global-font-lock-mode-cmmh' in library `font-lock'

`global-font-lock-mode-cmmh' is defined by a macro, so its definition
is partly in easy-mmode.el (where the macro is defined) and partly
in font-lock.el where the macro is invoked.

I don't think there's any easy way to improve the current behavior.

* Re: describe-function global-font-lock-mode-cmmh
@ 2002-08-13  1:48 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-13  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I wrote some changes to fix this.  I will install them soon.