* can you login?
@ 2002-07-31 10:50 Francesco Potorti`
From: Francesco Potorti` @ 2002-07-31 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am I the only one that has not yet got back his account after the
break-in?

I wrote several times to accounts@gnu.org, and also received some
replies, but I still can't login on fencepost, not can I access the
Emacs cvs.

Is kerberos access to CVS on subversions working?

If yes, can anyone please tell me what this error message mean:
  kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials

* Re: can you login?
@ 2002-07-31 11:58 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2002-07-31 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

Francesco Potorti` <pot@gnu.org> writes:

|> Am I the only one that has not yet got back his account after the
|> break-in?
|>
|> I wrote several times to accounts@gnu.org, and also received some
|> replies, but I still can't login on fencepost, not can I access the
|> Emacs cvs.

My account on fencepost is still not available, but I can use subversions
as usual (and it never stopped working for me).  But then, I'm not using
kerberos.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg

* Re: can you login?
@ 2002-07-31 12:22 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-07-31 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

Francesco Potorti` <pot@gnu.org> writes:

> I wrote several times to accounts@gnu.org, and also received some
> replies, but I still can't login on fencepost, not can I access the
> Emacs cvs.

CVS access never stopped working for me, but I can't login on
fencepost.  I thought that this is due to a combination of
circumstances: I forgot my password and the only way for me to log in
is via a public ssh key.  And this key isn't working.  (I presumed
that they turned off protocol version 1 but the key was for that
version.)

kai

* Re: can you login?
@ 2002-07-31 12:41   ` Francesco Potorti`
From: Francesco Potorti` @ 2002-07-31 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Emacs developers

   CVS access never stopped working for me

Apparently my problem is that I used kerberos to access cvs.  Kerberos
has been (apparently) reinstalled, but as version 5, not 4 as before.

So I don't know if the error message I get is my fault or not:
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials

I also sent an ssh public key to accouts@gnu.org, but apparently it was
never installed (maybe because they could not check that me is me?).

* Re: can you login?
@ 2002-08-01 16:51 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-01 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I wrote several times to accounts@gnu.org, and also received some
    replies, but I still can't login on fencepost, not can I access the
    Emacs cvs.

I would like to try to diagnose this problem, but I need more info.
(What you have said here is akin to "Emacs doesn't work" as a bug
report.)

*Why* did those replies not enable you to log in?
Are you waiting for the sysadmins to do something?
Are they waiting for information from you?
You need to explain the immediate problem if you want help.

Are you continuing to talk with them about the problem?
(People on emacs-devel cannot help you.)

    I also sent an ssh public key to accouts@gnu.org, but apparently it was
    never installed (maybe because they could not check that me is me?).

If they did not reply to your last message, you should write to them
again and ask what's up.  Whatever the problem is, they should be able
to tell you the problem, and tell you what you need to do.

From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-08-01 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pot, emacs-devel

    CVS access never stopped working for me, but I can't login on
    fencepost.  I thought that this is due to a combination of
    circumstances: I forgot my password and the only way for me to log in
    is via a public ssh key.  And this key isn't working.  (I presumed
    that they turned off protocol version 1 but the key was for that
    version.)

You ought to be able to get your account reenabled by communicating
with the sysadmins.  Have you tried this?  If so, what happened?