* Documentation for the code
@ 2002-06-29 12:20 Freddy Chik
From: Freddy Chik @ 2002-06-29 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi guys

I am a newbie to emacs dev and I have trouble trying to find
the documentation (to see the overall design and stuff), things
in the info dir sounds more like user manuals than code
documentation.  Can anyone give me a pointer on where to
start? thx a million

Yu Fai Freddy Chik
4A Computer Science / Combinatorics and Optimization
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, ON
-- Computer Science is the study of algorithmic processes --
-- that limit the amount of time one has to perform daily --
----- activities such as sleeping, eating, exercising, -----
---- bathing, dating and improving ones social skills. -----

* Re: Documentation for the code
@ 2002-06-29 12:31 ` Paul Stoeber
From: Paul Stoeber @ 2002-06-29 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

http://www.gnu.org/manual/emacs-lisp-intro/emacs-lisp-intro.html
http://www.gnu.org/manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/elisp.html

Any more?

@ 2002-06-29 13:05   ` Freddy Chik
From: Freddy Chik @ 2002-06-29 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

I hope to change some data structure used by emacs, so I
will probably be looking into changing to code in src right? (rather than
trying to write Lisp function?)

are there any extra doc on the c code other than the
embedded comments?

@ 2002-06-30 20:53 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-06-30 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    I am a newbie to emacs dev and I have trouble trying to find
    the documentation (to see the overall design and stuff), things
    in the info dir sounds more like user manuals than code
    documentation.

There is a little internal documentation for the editor at the end of
the Emacs Lisp Manual.