* TCP sockets in Windows
@ 2002-04-08 16:47 Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2002-04-08 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've patched sys_accept (in w32.c) to prevent a crash because a
parameter was being shadowed by a local variable. Still, I'm unable to
get make-network-process and friends to work in Windows. Is that
supposed to work, or it is still in development?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: TCP sockets in Windows
@ 2002-05-04 15:29 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2002-05-04 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lektu@terra.es> writes:

> I've patched sys_accept (in w32.c) to prevent a crash because a
> parameter was being shadowed by a local variable. Still, I'm unable to
> get make-network-process and friends to work in Windows. Is that
> supposed to work, or it is still in development?

It should work now.  I've just added an emulation of fcntl to w32.c to
add :nowait support on Windows and make :server sockets usable.

--
Jason Rumney

* Re: TCP sockets in Windows
@ 2002-05-05 22:17   ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-05-05 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Juanma Barranquero, emacs-devel

Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> writes:

> Juanma Barranquero <lektu@terra.es> writes:
>
> > I've patched sys_accept (in w32.c) to prevent a crash because a
> > parameter was being shadowed by a local variable. Still, I'm unable to
> > get make-network-process and friends to work in Windows. Is that
> > supposed to work, or it is still in development?
>
> It should work now.  I've just added an emulation of fcntl to w32.c to
> add :nowait support on Windows and make :server sockets usable.

Jason,
Thank you for making the enhanced networking code work on Windows.

This should make it possible to write a generic emacs server
in lisp which works across all platforms (i.e. only an emacs client
program will be needed).

Has anyone looked into doing that yet?

If not, I guess it should be added to the TODO list.

* Re: TCP sockets in Windows
@ 2002-05-06  9:55   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2002-05-06  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

On 04 May 2002 16:29:34 +0100, Jason Rumney <jasonr@gnu.org> wrote:

> It should work now.  I've just added an emulation of fcntl to w32.c to
> add :nowait support on Windows and make :server sockets usable.

Great. I'll test it ASAP.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u