* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
       [not found] <ap3r8kwpd9j.fsf@fosters.umd.edu>
@ 2002-05-01 16:31 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-05-01 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

[Further discussions redirected to emacs-devel.]

Ironically, www.debian.org is unreachable from my system...

> I am slowly working on
> creating a similar page for Emacs--should this essentially link to the
> Emacs TODO ?  And will try to put it up at a conspicuous website like
> http://www.emacs.org.)

Why not make it a page on www.gnu.org?

* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
@ 2002-05-01 16:57   ` D. Goel
From: D. Goel @ 2002-05-01 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi Eli

> [Further discussions redirected to emacs-devel.]

so what do you think of the C-h C-t --> TODO suggestion?

> Ironically, www.debian.org is unreachable from my system...

must be down:( .. this morning, i can't seem to reach it either for
some reason..

> > I am slowly working on
> > creating a similar page for Emacs--should this essentially link to the
> > Emacs TODO ?  And will try to put it up at a conspicuous website like
> > http://www.emacs.org.)
>
> Why not make it a page on www.gnu.org?

absolutely.  definitely.  i will do that.  I shall come up with that
page, and show it to you folks and transfer it to www.gnu.org and
sugest that it be linked from
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html#YouHelp

<-- and i shall try to get macs.org and other sites to link to this
emacs page...

While i am at it, consider this page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

this leads to a 'page not found' ---- i suggest there be an index.html
here linked to http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html .

Moreover, in the page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
consider item 9 in the contents---
If you want to help with GNU Emacs

i feel like 'capitalizing' it... and making it more inviting, like:
HELP WITH EMACS WELCOME...

consider now the one-liner contents of item 9-->

To contact the maintainers of Emacs, either to report a bug or to
contribute fixes or improvements, send mail to
<bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>.

adding this line to the contents would be nice-->

To see the TODO in emacs, type C-h C-t (new versions of emacs).  OR
you can browse the TODO <link> here.

<-- we could simply put the TODO online at:
www.gnu.org/emacs/TODO and be linked, as suggested above, from item 9..

i shall try to reexamine the TODO and see if it can be organized
better in debian-packaging style.   Until then, do the above
suggestions look reasonable?

D				   <http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego>

* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
@ 2002-05-01 17:58     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-05-01 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: "D. Goel" <deego@glue.umd.edu>
> Date: 01 May 2002 12:57:38 -0400
>
> so what do you think of the C-h C-t --> TODO suggestion?

I don't have an opinion, so I'll defer to others.  (In general, TODO
is something for the developers, so I'm not sure C-h C-t is
necessary.)

> i shall try to reexamine the TODO and see if it can be organized
> better in debian-packaging style.   Until then, do the above
> suggestions look reasonable?

I don't consider myself an expert in Web page design, but if you could
send patches to the HTML you find on www.gnu.org, I will gladly apply
those patches, provided that no one objects.

Thanks.

* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
@ 2002-05-01 21:16       ` D. Goel
From: D. Goel @ 2002-05-01 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Eli

> I don't consider myself an expert in Web page design, but if you could
> send patches to the HTML you find on www.gnu.org, I will gladly apply
> those patches, provided that no one objects.

cool.. i shall work on those patches and mail them to
emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Have a good day,

D				   <http://www.glue.umd.edu/~deego>

* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
@ 2002-05-01 21:20       ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2002-05-01 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: deego, emacs-devel

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:

> > From: "D. Goel" <deego@glue.umd.edu>
> > Date: 01 May 2002 12:57:38 -0400
> >
> > so what do you think of the C-h C-t --> TODO suggestion?
>
> I don't have an opinion, so I'll defer to others.  (In general, TODO
> is something for the developers, so I'm not sure C-h C-t is
> necessary.)

Neither do I.

IMO, there are already too many bindings in the C-h map...

* Re: C-h C-t should show the TODO
@ 2002-05-02 22:16       ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-05-02 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: deego, emacs-devel

It seems to me that etc/TODO is a more convenient place for
the Emacs TODO list than a web page.  So I decided to keep the
existing file, and implement C-h C-t.