* read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode default?
@ 2002-05-01 15:57 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2002-05-01 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW, there was a bit of discussion last year about turning on
`read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode' by default (it un-highlights the
`ignored' part of file-names being read in the minibuffer).

What do people think of this?

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche

* Re: read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode default?
@ 2002-05-01 19:30 ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2002-05-01 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
   Date: 02 May 2002 00:57:49 +0900

   > BTW, there was a bit of discussion last year about turning on
   > `read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode' by default (it un-highlights the
   > `ignored' part of file-names being read in the minibuffer).
   >
   > What do people think of this?

I agree.
--
Pavel Janík

                  -- Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru> in python-list

* Re: read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode default?
@ 2002-05-02 22:16 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-05-02 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    BTW, there was a bit of discussion last year about turning on
    `read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode' by default (it un-highlights the
    `ignored' part of file-names being read in the minibuffer).

Not yet.  I think we need people to try it more first.

* Re: read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode default?
@ 2002-05-02 22:21   ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2002-05-02 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
> Not yet.  I think we need people to try it more first.

Ok; try it people!

-miles
--
Run away!  Run away!

* Re: read-file-name-electric-shadow-mode default?
@ 2002-05-03  8:49     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-05-03  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: rms, emacs-devel

> From: Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
> Date: 03 May 2002 07:21:53 +0900
>
> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:
> > Not yet.  I think we need people to try it more first.
>
> Ok; try it people!

I turned it on a couple of days ago.  Will report any findings.