* selected-frame returns trailing space
@ 2002-03-13 12:24 Marshall, Simon
From: Marshall, Simon @ 2002-03-13 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

(selected-frame) C-x C-e
#<frame *scratch* 0x648a00\ >

Is there a purpose for the trailing space before the `>'?

I wondered whether it was for a display spec, though print_object
doesn't do anything like that.  None of the other objects printed by
that function have a trailing space.

Simon.

* Re: selected-frame returns trailing space
@ 2002-03-15  3:42 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-03-15  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    (selected-frame) C-x C-e
    #<frame *scratch* 0x648a00\ >

    Is there a purpose for the trailing space before the `>'?

It looks like a bug to me.  What is strange is that the code
explicitly asks for it.  It is no accident.  But there is no
info on why that was done.

Let's try taking it out.