* Permission to release new features to SQL.EL
@ 2011-07-04 20:06 Michael Mauger
From: Michael Mauger @ 2011-07-04 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel; +Cc: Chong Yidong, Stefan Monnier

I've been offline for most of the last two months due to work deadlines.  Around Memorial Day I finally received a Copyright Waiver from my employer (been waiting for over 7 months).  So I sat down to to get lots of outstanding new features polished for release.  I then spent some time getting caught up on the Emacs Devel maillist and discovered that we have entered a feature freeze.

So, I'm asking if it permissible for me to release the new features in sql.el, several of which I've had email requests for.  There's nearly a year's worth of bug fixes and new features that I'd really like to get published.  If I get permission, the release should be ready in a day or so.  I have looked at trying to break up the changes in to more coherent chunks but the effort will take another week or two to do so.

Features:

* Improved Syntax highlighting for SQLite, MySQL, Postgres and Oracle
* Navigation by SQL statement
* Creation and use of defined connections to simplify establishing interactive sessions
* Ability to view database structures in separate buffers
* Many bug fixes

Thank you.

-- Michael

* Re: Permission to release new features to SQL.EL
@ 2011-07-04 20:13 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-07-04 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Mauger; +Cc: Stefan Monnier, Emacs Devel

Michael Mauger <mmaug@yahoo.com> writes:

> So, I'm asking if it permissible for me to release the new features in
> sql.el, several of which I've had email requests for.  There's nearly
> a year's worth of bug fixes and new features that I'd really like to
> get published.  If I get permission, the release should be ready in a
> day or so.

OK, but commit as soon as possible.

* Re: Permission to release new features to bibtex.el
@ 2011-07-05  8:33 ` Roland Winkler
From: Roland Winkler @ 2011-07-05  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Chong Yidong

On Mon, Jul 04 2011, Michael Mauger wrote:
> So, I'm asking if it permissible for me to release the new features
> in sql.el, several of which I've had email requests for.

Similar situation here:

I added biblatex support to bibtex.el for which I had several email
requests. I am sorry, release of the new code got delayed. But now it is
ready to go. I can check it in as soon as I get permission for it.
(To the best of my knowledge, bibtex.el is a stand-alone package, no
other code depends on it.)

Thanks,

Roland

* Re: Permission to release new features to bibtex.el
@ 2011-07-05  8:34 ` Roland Winkler
From: Roland Winkler @ 2011-07-05  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Chong Yidong

@ 2011-07-05 14:58   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2011-07-05 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Winkler; +Cc: emacs-devel

Roland Winkler <winkler@gnu.org> writes:

> Similar situation here:
>
> I added biblatex support to bibtex.el for which I had several email
> requests. I am sorry, release of the new code got delayed. But now it is
> ready to go. I can check it in as soon as I get permission for it.
> (To the best of my knowledge, bibtex.el is a stand-alone package, no
> other code depends on it.)

Please go ahead and commit, thanks.

* Re: Permission to release new features to bibtex.el
@ 2011-07-05 17:46     ` Roland Winkler
From: Roland Winkler @ 2011-07-05 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue Jul 5 2011 Chong Yidong wrote:
> Roland Winkler <winkler@gnu.org> writes:
> > I added biblatex support to bibtex.el for which I had several email
> > requests. I am sorry, release of the new code got delayed. But now it is
> > ready to go. I can check it in as soon as I get permission for it.
> > (To the best of my knowledge, bibtex.el is a stand-alone package, no
> > other code depends on it.)
>
> Please go ahead and commit, thanks.

Thanks, done!  (Feedback on biblatex support welcome.)

Roland

* Re: Permission to release new features to SQL.EL
@ 2011-07-06  4:05   ` Michael Mauger
From: Michael Mauger @ 2011-07-06  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
>>  So, I'm asking if it permissible for me to release the new features in
>>  sql.el, several of which I've had email requests for.  There's nearly
>>  a year's worth of bug fixes and new features that I'd really like to
>>  get published.  If I get permission, the release should be ready in a
>>  day or so.
>
> OK, but commit as soon as possible.
>> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@stupidchicken.com>

I have released the changes this evening.  Thank you.