* Mac OS X build fails
@ 2003-05-01 10:31 Martin Jourdan
From: Martin Jourdan @ 2003-05-01 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am new to using/building Emacs on MacOS X (although I am not new to
Emacs in general). I just downloaded the latest Emacs sources from the
CVS repository, using the instructions from
<http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/>, and started to build it on my
MacOS X 10.2.5.

"make bootstrap" fails with the following messages :

./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrap
Using load-path (/Users/martin/Documents/Work/x-install/emacs/lisp
/Users/martin/Documents/Work/x-install/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp
/Users/martin/Documents/Work/x-install/emacs/lisp/language
/Users/martin/Documents/Work/x-install/emacs/lisp/international
/Users/martin/Documents/Work/x-install/emacs/lisp/textmodes)
Wrong type argument: integerp, (0 4 3 4)
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Any idea on what causes that?

Many thanks in advance.

Martin Jourdan

* Re: Mac OS X build fails
@ 2003-05-01 15:34 ` Andrew Choi
From: Andrew Choi @ 2003-05-01 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Martin Jourdan <martin.jourdan@free.fr> writes:

> I am new to using/building Emacs on MacOS X (although I am not new to
> Emacs in general). I just downloaded the latest Emacs sources from the
> CVS repository, using the instructions from
> <http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/>, and started to build it on my
> MacOS X 10.2.5.
>
> "make bootstrap" fails with the following messages : [...]

This doesn't seem to be a Mac OS X specific problem.  Please read
emacs-devel to see when it is fixed.

In the mean time, I built the CVS version on 2003-04-28 and that works
fine.

* Re: Mac OS X build fails
@ 2003-05-01 19:28   ` Martin Jourdan
From: Martin Jourdan @ 2003-05-01 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Le jeudi, 1 mai 2003, à 17:34 Europe/Paris, Andrew Choi a écrit :

> This doesn't seem to be a Mac OS X specific problem.  Please read
> emacs-devel to see when it is fixed.

Indeed, this was also reported by Vinicius Jose Latorre.

> In the mean time, I built the CVS version on 2003-04-28 and that works
> fine.

Works fine here too, except that I can't (yet :-) get Emacs to
correctly display Mac-Roman-encoded files (accented letters, etc.) -- I
am new to MULE and the coding-systems and the fontsets. Where should I
start to read ?

Thanks in advance.

Martin Jourdan