* Re: [Mac-emacs-devel] Patch for Mouse-wheel, Multi mouse-button support & more
       [not found] <ABF5E30C-9BAD-11D6-91CA-00039390AB82@mac.com>
@ 2002-08-03 23:53 ` Andrew Choi
From: Andrew Choi @ 2002-08-03 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: steventamm

Hi Everyone,

I have just checked in to the CVS a very nice patch contributed by
Steven Tamm which lets Emacs recognize 2- and 3-button and wheel mice.
Attached below is his description of it, among other things.

Also recently changed in the CVS is the creator code of the Emacs
application from ???? to EMAx.

Andrew.
-----

       [not found] <m2k7n7v6qy.fsf@shaw.ca>
@ 2002-08-04  9:27 ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2002-08-04  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: mac-emacs-devel, emacs-devel, steventamm

söndagen den 4 augusti 2002 kl 01.53 skrev Andrew Choi:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have just checked in to the CVS a very nice patch contributed by
> Steven Tamm which lets Emacs recognize 2- and 3-button and wheel mice.
> Attached below is his description of it, among other things.
>
> Also recently changed in the CVS is the creator code of the Emacs
> application from ???? to EMAx.

This version dies instantly for me.  Even emacs -nw dies.  Here is a
backtrace, I can debug some more if that helps. I did:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --verbose --with-x=no
make bootstrap

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
0x79005ae0 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x79005ae0 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x79005ae0
#1  0x00106048 in unexec_realloc (old_ptr=0x6e0110, new_size=41) at
unexmacosx.c:891
#2  0x00005f0c in adjust_frame_message_buffer (f=0x6dfdd0) at dispnew.c:2435
#3  0x000058ac in adjust_frame_glyphs (f=0x6dfdd0) at dispnew.c:2133
#4  0x00005854 in adjust_frame_glyphs_initially () at dispnew.c:2115
#5  0x0000cb18 in init_display () at dispnew.c:6478
#6  0x00066a84 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff74c, envp=0x488) at emacs.c:1528
#7  0x00003668 in _start ()
#8  0x00003498 in start ()
(gdb)

	Jan D.

* Re: [Mac-emacs-devel] Patch for Mouse-wheel, Multi mouse-button support & more
@ 2002-08-04 11:57   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2002-08-04 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: akochoi, mac-emacs-devel, emacs-devel, steventamm

söndagen den 4 augusti 2002 kl 11.27 skrev Jan Djärv:

> söndagen den 4 augusti 2002 kl 01.53 skrev Andrew Choi:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have just checked in to the CVS a very nice patch contributed by
>> Steven Tamm which lets Emacs recognize 2- and 3-button and wheel mice.
>> Attached below is his description of it, among other things.
>>
>> Also recently changed in the CVS is the creator code of the Emacs
>> application from ???? to EMAx.
>
> This version dies instantly for me.  Even emacs -nw dies.  Here is a
> backtrace, I can debug some more if that helps. I did:
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --verbose --with-x=no
> make bootstrap

Nevermind, I did everything from scratch again, and now it is OK.

	Jan D.