* gdb-ui.el for GDB 6.4
@ 2005-12-02 10:09 Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-12-02 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: message body text --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 770 bytes --]

GDB 6.4 has just been released.  See http://sourceware.org/gdb/news/

Attached is a version of gdb-ui.el that works with this version and should
perform better than the one currently in the Emacs CVS repository.  I've not
committed it yet because I want something more general as a first release.

Here are some of the improvements:

1) Watch expressions (arrays, structures) update more quickly.
2) Emacs identifies which buffers contain source for the debugging session
   much more quickly (Stefan's gripe).
3) The locals buffer provides information about type.
4) Register values which change are highlighted in the registers buffer.
5) The mode uses more GDB/MI commands which should help with future proofing.

If you find it doesn't work, please tell me.

Nick

[-- Attachment #2: gdb-ui.el for GDB 6.4 --]

* Re: gdb-ui.el for GDB 6.4
@ 2005-12-02 14:23 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2005-12-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Attached is a version of gdb-ui.el that works with this version and should
> perform better than the one currently in the Emacs CVS repository.  I've not
> committed it yet because I want something more general as a first release.

Just to make sure I understand correctly: does this version of gdb-ui.el
also work with older GDBs?  My work machine is still using GDB-6.0 (from
Fedora Core 2).

* Re: gdb-ui.el for GDB 6.4
@ 2005-12-02 20:24   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-12-02 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > Just to make sure I understand correctly: does this version of gdb-ui.el
 > also work with older GDBs?  My work machine is still using GDB-6.0 (from
 > Fedora Core 2).

It only works with GDB 6.4 (it uses new features of GDB/MI).

Nick